I let it fall, my heart And as it fell, you rose to claim it It was dark and I was over Until you kissed my lips and you saved me My hands, they were strong, but my knees were far too weak To stand in your arms without falling to your feet But there'

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Well get it fixed, declared Jessie. Louis at the bike shop said that Thelma can fix anything. She might be able to fix it, said Henry, looking a little more hopeful. The Aldens walked with Henry and his broken bicycle into Greenfield to the bike shop

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

Someone noticed a light on in the theater late last night, Jim announced to the cast and crew the next day. He paused to nervously pull up the collar of his faded blue shirt. Are you sure it wasnt the janitor? Richard asked. I was the last one in the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

Broadcast: Jan 24 2003 The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders are in San Diego, California this week preparing for the National Football League's Super Bowl 37 Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium. Th

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-体育专递

Exercise 1-36: Description and Set Phrase Test Let's check and see if the concepts are clear. Pause the CD and underline or highlight the stressed word. Check Answer Key, beginning on page 193. Repeat after me. ......1...... He's a nice guy. ......2.

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

Exercise 1-37: Descriptions and Set PhrasesGoldilocks Read the story and stress the indicated words. Notice if they are a description, a set phrase or contrast. For the next level of this topic, go to page 111. Repeat after me. There is a little girl

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

RAY FREEMAN: EXPLORATIONS, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Today Shirley Griffith and Frank Oliver tell about a famous World War Two pilot, Jimmy Doolittle. (MUSIC) FRANK OLIVER: He was a scientist, an airplane engineer and a ge

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. The early years of the twentieth century were a time of movement for many black Americans. Traditionally, most blacks lived in the Southeastern states. But in the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries,or OPEC, weighed a push by some members Monday to modestly boost its production quota, in the face of stubbornly high oil prices. On the eve of Tuesday's OPEC meeting in Vienna, Austria, half a dozen

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

World powers meeting in Vienna to resolve the Syria crisis have failed to set a new date to resume the talks. Expectations were low for negotiations between countries supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and those who want him to step down. Di

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

For more on this, we're joined by our current affairs commentator, Victor Gao Zhikai. Welcome to our program. Q1. Could the peaceful negotiation of land border with Vietnam serve as an example for the two countries' maritime border demarcation, as we

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Photo: AP Trucks transport cargo at a container terminal in the port of Dalian, China, 11 Sep 2009 Economists see the start of a free-trade agreement between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations as a crucial spur to Asia's economic gr

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

The Nigerian Bar Association, a prominent human rights lawyer and a former lawmaker have filed separate suits seeking recognition for Vice President Goodluck Jonathan as acting president, given President Umaru Yar'Adua's six-week absence because of i

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

LONDON, Aug. 10 (Xinhua) -- The USA women's 4X100 meters quartet smashed the world record as they won the gold medal in the Olympic Stadium on Friday night. The US quarter of Tianna Madison, Allyson Felix, Bianca Knight and Carmelita Jeter shattered

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

She looked at the TV. Square, yellow notes were taped to it. She looked at the notes. One said, Take her out regularly. Another said, Listen to her. Another said, Don't argue with her. Another said, Support her. Another said, Help her without being a

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

来自美国加州的小美女 Jordyn Taylor 个人第2张录音大碟,甜美可爱的封面与整体歌曲非常相辅,对於从小就对音乐充满热爱的Jordyn Taylor不仅在音乐方面发展,模特儿和演员都是她的事业之一,但

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

歌词: Song:Set The Mood Artist:David Jordan Set the mood, set the groove, set the atmosphere in which you move in Set the mood, set the groove, set the energy I watching her puff on her cigarette yeah Jack Daniels and soda ordered from the ba

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

释义: set (somebody) to work 开始做事 set to work 表示热情而果断地开始工作。反之像 set sb to work 一样,如果 set 后面的宾语为别人时就表示让对方做不情愿做的事情。 例句: How about we set to work

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

释义: set... free 使自由,释放 最基本的短语 set ... free 表示使得到自由,可以用来表示监狱里释放犯人等,解除某人的约束。 例句: How about setting your parrot free? 把你的鹦鹉放了怎么样? And

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

释义: set a goal 树立目标 表示树立或设定,比方说设定某种目标(set a goal),创造纪录(set a record),制定规则(set the rules),设定标准(set the standard)等。另外,树立榜样是 set an example。

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语