Lesson 8 Text A Please Set the Table MRs MILLER: I have to stay in the kitchen. I don't want the food to burn. Would you please set the table? MARY : Of course , Mother. * * * MRS MILLER: Did you put

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(315) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语青少版

By David Schickert Raad Aweisat is planning to travel to Athens, Greece, this August and become the first-ever Palestinian swimmer to represent his people at the Olympics. Though he lives in a war-tor

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--雅典奥运

A: Youre all set to leave. B: I cant believe it. A: What are your plans? B: I plan on going back to school. A: What will your major be? B: Im not sure yet, but I plan to do good things. A: You dont have plans to end up back here, do you? B: I have no

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

A: Youre free to go. B: Thats great. A: What are your plans now that youre getting out? B: I want to go back to school. A: What is your major going to be? B: I havent decided yet. A: I hope I dont ever see you back in here. B: Im never coming back. A

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-犯罪

Brooke: (Sigh!) There's so much to do and so little time. Jack: I know. Did your mom double check on the church reservations? Brooke: Yes. We're going to be married in my hometown church, the first minute of the new millennium! Jack: OK...and what ab

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

今天我们要学的词组是set the stage。 Set the stage的意思是为某件事做好准备,提供条件。比如,希拉里.克林顿06年再次当选参议员,为她08年竞选总统提供了条件 -- The reelection set stage for her pres

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Come on in boy Said the skeletons sitting by her closet door Dirty secrets empty memories And broken hearts across the floor I was knocked out heels over head So you dragged me by my feet to a ghost town Where you buried me No wonder no one heard my

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

A: I'm going to buy a new living room set. B: Where are you going to buy one? A: I'm really not sure. B: You like my living room set, don't you? A: Where did you buy it? B: I found mine at IKEA. A: Are they expensive? B: Everything I got from IKEA co

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: I need to find a new furniture set for my living room. B: Where are you going to find one? A: I have no idea. B: Do you want to know where I bought mine? A: Where'd you get it from? B: I got it from IKEA. A: How much did it cost you? B: It cost me

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

FIFA set to grant free World Cup entry to indigenous RIO DE JANEIRO, Oct. 18 (Xinhua) -- Football world governing body FIFA has reportedly accepted a Brazilian government proposal to offer free entry at the 2014 World Cup to the country's indigenous

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, April 29 (Xinhua) -- Roy Hodgson is set to be named as the manager of England after it was revealed the West Brom manager is in talks with the Football Association. The 64-year-old is the only candidate to have been interviewed for the role,

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, June 18 (Xinhua) -- Former Manchester City midfielder Elano is set to be relegated to the bench for Santos' Copa Libertadores semifinal second leg against Corinthians on Wednesday. Having lost last week's first leg at home 1-0, Santos

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

G8 set new global warming targets Leaders of the G8 leading industrial countries have agreed to try to limit global warming to just 2C (3.6F) above pre-industrial levels by 2050. The summit, in the Italian city of L'Aquila, also set tough new target

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, July 12 (Xinhua) -- Badminton superstar Lin Dan is in quest for a record second Olympic title at the London Olympic Games starting from July 28 to August 5 when star-studded China will be looking forward to stamping its authority. Different

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Saudi Arabia is signaling that it is going to boost its supply of oil on its own after failing to convince other oil producers to jointly agree to more production. Several news agencies reported Saturday that the Saudis could increase their oil produ

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Cavalieri set for Brazil debut

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

GUANGZHOU, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Blackburn and Nigerian striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni is set to complete his move to Guangzhou RF very soon, a top official of the Chinese Super League side said on Thursday. The deal is almost done as he has passed his physi

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

set off 出发,使工作,使爆炸,让闹钟响起 We're going to have to set it off manually. 我们得手动启动它了。 They set off to get the baby back. 他们接孩子去了。 We set off to visit the country. 我们出发去乡下探亲

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

set up 创立 (establish) ,设定(日程等),欺骗 I'd like to set up an appointment for Thursday. 我想把约会定在星期四。 Is everything all set up? 一切都准备好了吗? You set me up! I will pay you back! 是你陷害我的!(

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

释义: be set to 设定为,为 set 最基本的含义为设定,确定等,其被动形式 be set to+动词表示设定为,确定为等。 例句: She's set to receive it when she turns twenty-five. 如果她到了 25 岁,就可以得到这

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语