Maybe Mattel (The world's largest toy company) is also up, because it's been a very good year. And this is the time in a year when people buy a lot of toys. It's also been quite a year in business over the last 12 months, the biggest names involved i

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

Good morning, I'm Melissa Long here at the CNN center in Atlanta. It is Tuesday; it is the 14th of July. Here's a look at some of the stories making news this morning. Sonia Sotomayor heads back to Capitol Hill today. The Supreme Court nominee is pl

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(七)月

I am Catherine Callaway at the CNN center in Atlanta with a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. President Obama holds a national discussion this afternoon to sell you on the health care makeover. He is heading out to Virginia for a town-hall m

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(七)月

Democratic presidential frontrunner Barack Obama says Republican John McCain is too out of touch with American workers to help the nations struggling manufacturing base. Obama spoke at a town hall meeting in Detroit suburb of Troy. Detroit Public Ra

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台六月

Good afternoon, I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Pope Benedict XVI spoke at the United Nations this afternoon. He addressed the General Assembly in French and then English, speaking

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(四)月

Hello, I am Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. And here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. There are growing fears the ceasefire between Russia and Georgia may be more fragile than ever. Georgia's president says Russian troops

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(八)月

This is your NOW IN THE NEWS update; I'm Reggie Aqui, from the CNN center in Atlanta. Worldwide recession fears sent many world stock markets going down today. The Dow opened down sharply before recovering some of its losses. Tokyo's Nikkei downed m

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(十)月

You've said that once already, said his wife. You're repeating yourself. 这话你已经说过一次了,他的妻子说,你正在重复自己说过的话。 Louis must be tired after his trip, no matter where he's been or what he's been up to. 经过

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

And Sam did. He found a book of trumpet calls, such as they use in the Army. 萨姆办到了。他找到了一本讲吹号的书,就是诸如他们在军队里用的那种。 He read the instructions to Louis. 他把说明读给路易斯听。 Stan

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

We begin this half hour with former NBA star Lamar Odom showing signs of recovery this morning after waking up from that coma. ABC's Kayna Whitworth has been following the story from Las Vegas. Good morning, Kayna. Robin, good morning to you. Lamar O

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

Michael Jackson's infamous Neverland Ranch has hit the market for the first time since the late singer's death. 自迈克尔杰克逊过世之后,这座名声狼藉的梦幻乐园首次上市。 The firm who bought the singer's debt and then restor

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Mexico had a historic standing as one of the countries on the flank of the United States, who had stood up to Yankee imperialism at the turn of the century. Ernesto reconnects with his Cuban friends and is introduced to Raul Castro. After serving 22

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

The One Where Old Yeller Dies 本集简介: Phoebe discovers that her mother used to shield her from the sad parts of movies, like Old Yeller. She rents all the movies her mother used to show her, and gets rather depressed and pessimistic. Ross, bot

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

1. Aid is starting to flow into Myanmar a week after a cyclone left at least 60,000 dead or missing. The countrys military regime is taking over distribution of humanitarian supplies but keeping foreign disaster experts out of the country. 2. Hezboll

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(五)月

From the CNN Center in Atlanta, I am Nicole Lapin. Thanks so much for checking in with us today. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Law enforcement officers in West Texas have been searching a polygamist compound and now they have a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(四)月

The Americas 美洲 Protecting Wild Lives: Stand your ground beef 保护野生动物:坚守立场 Cows that are good at self-defense are also good for jaguars. 能自卫的牛也能抵御美洲豹。 Ranchers in Colombia's Meta department can be ve

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Lucasfilm's Computer Division 卢卡斯影业的电脑部门 When Jobs was losing his footing at Apple in the summer of 1985, 1985年夏天,乔布斯在苹果公司正处于失势中。 he went for a walk with Alan Kay, who had been at Xerox PARC a

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

很多人觉得美国菜没什么好吃的;无非就是pizza、热狗、汉堡...但其实,美国值得吃的可多了!今天,Jenny、Diana就要分享最有特色、最经典、最治愈的美国美食。 关键词: Comfort food:治愈系美

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

One day, a man named Bartholomew, not an important man, stopped at the Nopalito ranch house. It was noon and he was hungry. He sat down at the dinner table. While he was eating, he talked. Mrs. Yeager, he said, I saw a man on the Seco Ranch with your

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(184) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Would Americans Let Edible Insects Come to Dinner? It may sound sickening to some of you, but many people can and do eat insects. Edible insects are a great source of high quality protein and minerals known to be important to good health, like calciu

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(1707) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月