Twist, you guys wasnt gettin paid to leave the dogs baby-sit the sheep while you stemmed the rose, and declined to rehire him. He went on, Yeah, that little punch a yours surprised me. I never figured you to throw a dirty punch. I come up under my br

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 断背山

Ennis went back to ranch work, hired on here and there, not getting muchahead but glad enough to be around stock again, free to drop things, quit if hehad to, and go into the mountains at short notice. He had no serious hardfeelings, just a vague sen

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 断背山

CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Christopher Cruise. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. Some jobs require little or no creativity. Other jobs are all about creativity. This week on our program, we meet two A

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

70 employees at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch are being told by California labor authorities not to show up for work, the pop star let their workers compensation insurance lapse, and most workers

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

一个人拥有梦想其实并不是一件难事,你可以同时拥有很多想法,同时想做很多事情,但有梦想和实现梦想完全是两回事。很多人不是无梦可做,而是梦想在不断的思索中夭折。要知道,一个

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 112 The Ghost in the First Row

Ennis Del Mar wakes before five, wind rocking the trailer, hissing in around thealuminum door and window frames. The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly inthe draft. He gets up, scratching the grey wedge of belly and pubic hair, shuffles to the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 断背山

THIS IS AMERICA - Route 66 at Age 80: Taking a Drive on the Historic 'Mother Road'By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:00:00 UTC (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Specia

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(六)月

One day, a man named Bartholomew, not an important man, stopped at the Nopalito ranch house. It was noon and he was hungry. He sat down at the dinner table. While he was eating, he talked. Mrs. Yeager, he said, I saw a man on the Seco Ranch with your

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(289) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Follow Your Dream

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

So glad you with us, everyone, I'm Catherine Callaway from CNN Center in Atlanta with a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. America stepping into a new chapter of history today. Barack Obama has now become the nation's 44th president. He was s

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(一)月

Maverick, A Truly American Word 词汇典故:特立独行,一个真正的美国 Now, the VOA Learning English program, Words and Their Stories. Our word today is maverick. A maverick describes a person who thinks independently. A maverick refuses to

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-11-01 International Tourists Drawn to Route 66 66号公路吸引国际游客 Shamrock, Texas is a small town 30 kilometers from the Oklahoma-Texas border. The nearest major international airport is some 140 kilometers away. Some might s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

A computer glitch at the U.S. State Department is causing a backlog for people trying to get passports and visas. 美国国务院电脑系统出现故障,导致大批申请护照和签证人员积压。 Its also creating a huge nightmare for some C

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Of all the foods out there, mayonnaise is definitely one of the most divisive. Some hate it so much they can hardly stand the sight of this condiment, others would happily slather it on top of everything they eat. 蛋黄酱绝对是所有食物中最具

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss died of cancer at age 80 on Monday. The NBA has lost a visionary owner whose influence on our league is incalculable and will be felt for decades to come, NBA commissioner David Ste

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hello, everyone. I am Creshon Saunders at the cnn.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at whats happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Law enforcement agents have searched a temple on the grounds of a polygamist ranch in Texas. Nearly 200 women and children

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(四)月

WASHINGTON - Archer Brady Ellison of the United States was only 19 when he competed in his first Olympics four years ago in Beijing. Now 23, he is the world's top-ranked male recurve archer and is a favorite for the mens individual gold medal at the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: The NPR News team traveled more than 2400 miles along the Mexican border from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific. Their route led through a zone that's under intense surveillance. NPR's Steve Inskeep got a chance to watch those who

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Baldy woods reached for a drink and got it. When Baldy wanted something, he usually got it. He but this is not Baldys story. Now he took his third drink, which was larger than the first and the second. Baldy had been listening to the troubles of a fr

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Outlaws of the West 西部罪犯 It was very difficult to keep law and order in the West. 在西部很难遵纪守法。 Most settlers were honest people, but there were a lot of outlaws. 多数移居者是诚实的人,但也有很多不法之徒。

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国西部探险