1. Hundreds of children taken from a polygamous compound may be reunited with their families as soon as Monday. It comes on the heels of a Texas court rulling that state officials went too far when they took the kids from the ranch. 2. A constructio

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(五)月

Hello to you, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta, here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Sri Lanka's military says it has seized a key rebel stronghold forcing the separatist Tamil Tiger rebels out of their last mil

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(一)月

Hello, everyone. I'm Catherine Callaway at the CNN Center in Atlanta. We are so glad you're with us today. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. A new CNN Opinion Research Corporation Poll shows that Barack Obama and John McCain are bo

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(八)月

without saying anything about it both knew how it would go for the rest of the summer, sheep be damned. As it did go. They never talked about the sex, let it happen, at first only in the tent at night, then in the full daylight with the hot sun strik

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 断背山

He knew perfectly well he would be going back to the pond where the swans were. 他心里很清楚,自己还会再去天鹅们所在的那个池塘的。 And he had no intention of getting lost in the woods. 但他并不打算在森林里迷路。

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

Baldy woods reached for a drink and got it. When Baldy wanted something, he usually got it. He but this is not Baldys story. Now he took his third drink, which was larger than the first and the second. Baldy had been listening to the troubles of a fr

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

You know how when you go to a hotel, you do all kinds of gross stuff in bed you wouldn't do at home? Like eating Doritos! Or whatever other kinda gross thing you were thinking about. Despite the disgusting habits of strangers, climbing into a hotel b

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Follow Your Dream I have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro. He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money for youth at risk programs. The las

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. North Korea is saying it has shut down a nuclear reactor. That announcement comes hours after oil aid arrived there. A UN inspection team is headed to the reactor to confirm the news. The shutdown would be the first step toward denuclearization in

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

1. The massive custody case involving hundreds of children taken from a West Texas ranch is underway. Four hundred and sixty-three children are in foster care following allegations that members of a polygamist sect forced underage girls into marriag

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(五)月

李华和Larry一起去骑马。李华今天要学两个常用语,mean streak和soft spot. LL: If this is your first time riding a horse, Li Hua, I think you shouldn't ride that black one over there. That horse looks like he's got a mean streak. LH

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

From the CNN Center in Atlanta, I'm Nicole Lapin. Here are some headlines NOW IN THE NEWS. We have some breaking news to tell you about Angelo, Texas right now. An appeals court has just ruled that the state did not have the right to seize children

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

Hello, I'm Creshon Saunders at the cnn.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. CNN has confirmed more than 600 homes have been destroyed in the Los Angeles area by a fast-moving wildfire and more than 10,000 peop

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(十一)月

Like all fathers, the cob wanted to show off his children to somebody. So he led the cygnets to where Sam was. 像所有的父亲一样,雄天鹅也想把他的孩子向某人炫耀一番。于是他领着小天鹅往萨姆这边来。 They all ste

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

Chapter 10 Money Trouble 第十章 金钱的烦恼 Louis was the best-liked young male swan on Upper Red Rock Lake. 路易斯是上红石湖最受大家喜爱的年轻雄天鹅了。 He was also the best equipped. 他也是装备最棒的, He not o

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 吹小号的天鹅

To stick up for himself and his brothers, Chris started to lift weights. 为了支撑自己和弟弟们的生活,克里斯开始承担生活的重担。 One day, when Chris was fourteen, Jack Langan got rough with the boys, as he sometimes did, and

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

1. Military rulers in Myanmar will allow a single U.S. cargo plane to enter the country bearing relief supplies for cyclone victims. Myanmar's government has been criticized for letting cyclone victims die rather than accept aid from other countries.

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(五)月

The Fight to Save Demi Lovato 拯救黛米洛瓦托 Young, gifted and drawn to darkness, she's sung of addiction and anguish with startling rawness. Now, a shocking overdose has loved ones praying she finds healing before it's too late. 她风华正茂

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志

WORKING AND SAVING ON THE RANCH 在农场工作攒钱 Clint's summer went by on wings, wings shining with hope, wings heavy with waiting, great droning wings beckoning to him. 克林特的夏天是在对飞行的憧憬中度过的,他憧憬着闪烁着

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

Dr. Deng Yaping 中国博士邓亚萍 Deng Yaping, known as a world-class table tennis athlete, has won many important sports games including the 25th and 26th Olympic Games held respectively in Barcelona in 1992 and Atlanta in 1996, 作为一名大家

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学