-Youve lost some weight. What is your, it is none of my business, but how much did you weight at, at your top number? -Last year, I was, I weighted about 315, hum, I am like down to 290 now. -Oh, congratulations. -Yeah, you look good. -Thank you. -No

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

- Happy new year! - Happy new year to you! - Good to see you again. It's been a long time. - Well, ten years? - No. It hadnt been ten years. But it's been a while. Has it been ten years? - Yes, I think it has. - Why has it been ten years? - Because y

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

'The Hangover' Sequel Features Same Crude Humor but New Location Two years ago, a comedy film about three friends on a spree in Las Vegas became a worldwide hit despite - or perhaps because of - its crude humor. Now they're back together and this tim

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Every day, judges around the country decide the fate of criminal defendants by trying to strike the right balance between fairness and public safety. A new progressive district attorney in Philadelphia is asking his prosecutors to

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Jury selection is starting today in St. Paul, Minn., for the trial of a policeman charged with killing an African-American motorist. Philando Castile was the man shown on live video as he was dying in a car. Here is Matt Sepic fro

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Unit 8 Communications (II) Part I Warming up A. Tapescript: The question today is no longer whether to get a cellular phone, but where. And since every place, from your local lumberyard to the corner drugstore, is selling them, it can seem like a dif

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step2000

By Phil Mercer Sydney 01 June 2007 An Australian tribunal has awarded compensation to a Thai woman who was forced to work as a prostitute in Sydney when she was 13. It is the first time a victim of sex trafficking has received damages from the tribun

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

People have been traveling by car for 100 years. My invention is long overdue. Who hasnt had an emergency while traveling? Sometimes youre miles from the nearest gas station or McDonalds. Everyone knows that when you gotta go, you gotta go, said Phil

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

By Brian Padden Washington, DC 20 October 2006 The issue of philanthropy in America received much media attention recently when Warren Buffet, the world's second richest man donated more then $1.5 billion to the charitable foundation run by Bill Gat

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Stop me if you've heard this one before. (SOUNDBITE OF FILM, GROUNDHOG DAY) BILL MURRAY: (As Phil) It's February 2, Groundhog Day. SHAPIRO: Today is not just the day that Punxsutawney Phil looks for his shadow. This year is also th

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: A Russian intelligence agency launched a cyberattack last year against a company that helps run American voting systems. That detail appeared today in a top secret National Security Agency document that was posted by the news web

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: So what do you do when bad things happen to good puppets? Well, that's what Melissa McCarthy is investigating in a new movie called The Happytime Murders. She plays a detective trying to solve a string of puppet killings. (SOUNDBI

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

情景对话: Phil: What time did you get to bed? Alex: Sure thing. Phil: Claire, I think something's up with Alex. Claire: I don't know. Some kind of chicken. Phil: Why is no one listening to me? Come here. I don't think she's getting enough sleep

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

My roommate, Jim, invited me over to his house for a family meal. Im an only child, so Im not used to a big family dinner. I felt like a fish out of water. ... Jims mother: Sit down, everybody. Dinners ready. Phil: Thank you for having me over, Mrs.

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Scripts: Major auto stocks are all up today, US auto sales dropping in August by six-tenths of a percent. But there are bright spots. Phil LeBeau's On The Money tonight. Just when you thought the consumer took a summer vacation, the August auto sale

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

Scripts: The race for the high-end consumer is on. BMW is putting in in the high gear on the green. CNBC auto reporter Phil LeBeau has this tough assignment once again this morning. Ah, I didn't even think about that, Dr. Phil, go forward, Dr. Phil.

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

Phil had bought a round-trip ticket to Miami. But he wasn't going to return to Boston. He was going to remain in Miami. He had bought the round-trip ticket because it was $400 cheaper than the one-way ticket. He was proud of himself. He had outsmarte

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

By Phil Mercer Sydney 25 February 2008 A simulated refugee camp has been set up in Melbourne to show Australians the sort of hardship suffered by millions of people around the world. Refugee Realities is the work of the charity Oxfam. The camp is set

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Magdalena: Thanks for meeting with me today. Ive read through the materials your company sent me, but I still have some questions about opening a franchise. Phil: Thats what Im here for. What questions can I answer for you? Magdalena: Well, Im famili

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客