9 A Visit to the City Centre On their first day in the capital, Diana and Peter visited the Old Tower which stood on a hill near the city centre. There were stairs leading to the top, but Diana and Peter decided to take the lift. At the top there was

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(308) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

VOA美语咖啡屋 Lesson 40:Kramers Cafe Y: 各位听众好, 我是杨晨,欢迎您到美语咖啡屋。 J: Hello everyone, my name is Jody ! And welcome to American Cafe! American Cafe is a place where you can improve your spoken English by meeti

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美语咖啡屋

She was 31 years old, a seamstress and the mother of two children. Her husband is a mechanic. On a sunny morning, Vicky was walking to work. While in the crosswalk at Wilshire and Hamilton near Koreatown, Vicky was run over by a yellow school bus. An

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

lesson 48 broker 经纪人 convertible 可换证券 finance 资金 fritter 挥霍 gilt 金边证券 heady 令人陶醉的 Las Vegas 拉斯韦加斯 mortgage 抵押贷款 pedestrian 平淡无奇的 pension 养老金 portfolio 投资组合 priority 优先

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册单词MP3

Item seven. Vocabulary. pedestrian, toll. There are far too may road accidents in this country, too many death and too many people injured. One wonders who are most to blame, drivers or pedestrians. Some people say that the blame cannot be put fairly

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第一册

图片1 pedal n. 踏板v. 踩的踏板 例句:He pushed hard on the brake pedal to avoid a collision. 他使劲踩下煞车踏板以避免撞车。 expedite v. 加快,派出adj. 畅通的,迅速的 例句:The builders promised to expedite the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Unit 18 Accident Reports A pedestrian hit me and went under my car. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way. No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happen

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

England is struggling with the heaviest snowfall to hit the country in nearly two decades. Among the hardest-hit regions are London and surrounding areas. Travel disruption and massive cancellations are widespread. A pedestrian falls over in North L

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(二月)

By Malcolm Brown Houston, Texas 20 September 2007 Different cultures have different ways of coping with extreme heat. In Houston, Texas, when the mercury rises, office workers head underground rather then go outdoors. Their refuge is an elaborate net

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

受Uber致死事件影响 丰田叫停所有自动驾驶路测 Next story today, the Toyota Motor Company says it's temporarily stopping its test of self driving cars. The Boston Department of Transportation has asked autonomous car companies to paus

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年5月

Cars dominate cities. Spend some time walking around most cities and you'll find yourself pushed to narrow sidewalks, waiting for crosswalk lights. You'll find cyclists navigating really narrow strips of space. 汽车占据了各个城市。你花一点

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

It's official rich people really are stuck-up, at least according to one recent piece of research. A series of studies into unethical behaviour across the social classes has shown that posh people are more likely to cheat, lie and be greedy than peop

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topic 1-Internet Trends Report Highlight Chinas Development A report reveals that China is spearheading in many areas in the realm of the internet. And what are the fastest growing engines of the internet economy for China? Topic 2-Teen pedestrian st

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议