来看看美国人认为做哪些事是不地道的,令人生厌的。 Session III: That's Not Nice(真不够哥们) 1. Drive Someone Up a Wall = annoy someone greatly 可以用 drive someone up a wall 来表达惹恼某人,就象把某人赶上墙

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

June the 1st is Pen Pal Day. Im sure most of us have had a pen pal at one time in our lives. Many of us still have one. Today is the day to say thank you to your pen pals. It is also the day to thank your key pals too. Nowadays, most people communica

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

When I was 12 years old, I got interested in learning English. I rode my bike for 40 minutes every morning, rain or snow, 我12岁时开始对学习英语感兴趣。杭州西湖区位于上海西南方向100公里处。 for eight years to a hotel ne

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

地道美语听力播客English as a Second Language Podcast (ESLPod),是一家位于美国加州洛杉矶的英语教育研究机构推出的英文听力会话,于2005年7月23日首播, 主播Dr. Jeff McQuillan为南加州大学的语言学博士

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Bacteria are amazingly adaptable. They live in hot springs, in the dead sea and of course inside people where they can dish up some truly nasty diseases.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

The latest financial bailout comes not in the US but in Germany where government officials and private banks have agreed on a 69-billion-dollar deal to save lender Hypo Real Estate. Diane Swonk, Chief Economist with Mesirow Financial says there are

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台十月

Part 2 Detailed methods(第2部分 具体方法) 1. Oral English:(口语学习) A. We study spoken English so as to make oral communications, so this order of importance of oral English study should b

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

两会期间,国务院总理温家宝在人民大会堂会见中外记者并答记者问。会谈中,温总理的回答堪称旁征博引,妙语连珠,其中也引用了不少内涵深刻的中国古语。这里将其原文和翻译一一摘抄

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Because as someone famous once said, the best things you learn aren't learned in a classroom. 正如某位名人所说:你所学到的最精华的东西并非源自课堂。 1、Humans are inherently kind. 人性本善。 Strangers will go far, far

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In which the author answers the question that Freud asked, but never could figure out: What do women want? For good measure, he also reveals what men really want. We love you, are proud of you, expect good things from you, and wish you well. This is

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Business Korean animation Of penguins and politics 商业 韩国动画 企鹅和政治 Pororo the penguin could be the next Teletubbies 小企鹅波罗罗可能会成为下一个天线宝宝 CHILDREN'S characters are often subversive. Harry Potter pr

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

神探夏洛克第一季第三集_2 你看 这是我的硬盘 唯一合理做法是 Listen. This is my hard drive, and it only makes sense 只存进有用的东西 真正有用的 to put things in there that are useful. REALLY useful. 普通人总在脑

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第一季

Best friends maybe priceless but the cost of keeping the relationship alive is ?23,870. 最好的朋友也许是无价的,但使友谊长存的成本是2万3870英镑。 According to a study, a BFF (best friends forever) does not come cheap with de

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Some take it seriously. Some bid it farewell just after the clock strikes twelve. Some call it a Second Chance to Dream with Eyes Open. New Year Resolution no one can deny having made some. 有人很重视它,有人新年钟声一响完就把它抛到

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The board became increasingly alarmed at the turmoil,董事会对于两人关系的动荡越发警觉。 and in early 1985 Arthur Rock and some other disgruntled directors delivered a stern lecture to both. 1985年初,亚瑟罗克及其他一些心怀

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

The Supremes once sang You can't hurry love. As it turns out, scientists have determined it's not advisable to hurry marriage either. Get the scoop on the best age to be wed. 正如一首名为《至高无上》的歌曲中曾经唱到的:你不能爱

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Theres a zillion characters in Game of Thrones, even after a bunch of them have been brutally bumped off. But among the likes of Tyrion, Bran, Dany, and pals, whos really the main character? A team of mathematicians used a power far beyond Melisandre

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

How to Create Passion Anywhere and Anytime Remember Science class? Mr. Thatcher, sophomore year in high school, taught us about potential and kinetic energy. I was way more interested in Pam Miller, who sat perilously close to me. But on Mr Thatcher

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

各种酒的英语表达知多少? 西方人将酒大致分成三类:1. liquor 烈酒,包括brandy 白兰地、whiskey 威士忌、vodka 伏特加、tequila 龙舌兰等;2. beer 啤酒;3. wine 葡萄酒和水果酒。除此之外,还有co

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Don't say: My current boss is horrendous. Why: It's unprofessional. Your interviewer might wonder when you'd start bad-mouthing her. For all you know, she and your current boss are old pals. Instead say: I'm ready for a new challenge or a similarly p

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻