Scientists Create New Maps of Ocean Floor 科学家绘制新的海底地图 Until recently, scientists had mapped only about 20 percent of the sea floor. But our knowledge of the deep seas is changing because of information from satellites. Scientist

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Geophysicist Probes Ocean's Secrets Today, Pitman is a distinguished professor of geophysics at Columbia University, and the recipient of many of his fields most coveted honors. Even though he is now in his 80s, Pitmans animated manner makes it easy

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Acehnese run to higher ground during a tsunami drill held as part of the commemoration of the fifth anniversary of the Indian Ocean tsunami in Lhoong, Aceh province, Indonesia, 26 Dec 2009 Five years after the devastating tsunami struck the Asia Paci

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

West African Coastal Towns Swallowed by Ocean GRAND-LAHOU, IVORY COAST Rising sea levels and coastal erosion are threatening the homes and livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of people across West Africa. Grand-Lahou, an Ivorian tourist destination,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

El Nio Brings Unexpected Fish From Mexico to California 厄尔尼诺现象使鱼群从墨西哥游到加州 Fish in an unexpected spectrum of sizes, shapes and colors are moving north, through El Ni?o's warm currents from Mexican waters to the Pacifi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十一月)

从早年激情澎湃的长发金属,到如今偶尔的乡村乐以及成熟的流行作品,Bon Jovi的音乐历程如同一本厚厚的人生故事,从歌曲中能感受到他对于音乐的积淀和执着,他们永远是我们的正能量~

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Work hard in silence. Let your success be your noise. 在沉默中努力,让成功自己发声。(Frank Ocean) 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.1

WASHINGTON, Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- A major 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck southwest of U.S. territory Guam on Saturday local time, the United States Geological Survey reported on its website. The quake occurred at 7:19 a.m. on Saturday local time (2119

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

An Atlantic hurricane often begins its life over the mountains in East Africa as an area of low pressure. It travels across the Sahara Desert, then moves out over warm ocean waters. Travelling with the trade winds and circles the globe just above and

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

The Census of Marine Life has released the most comprehensive inventory life in the ocean today. Its an unprecedented database of marine species living in 25 key ocean areas around the world. The findings published in the open access scientific journ

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Science 2018: Gene Editing, Private Space Travel Top List Here are some of the most popular science stories on the VOA Learning English website in 2018. Gene-edited babies announced A Chinese researcher reported last month that he helped to make the

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Banyan The great wave 滔天巨浪 A look at how Japan views the seaand itself 日本之自身观amp;海洋观解读 Jun 2nd 2011 | from the print edition AT AROUND the age of 70, Katsushika Hokusai, still bounding with artistic energy, created Thirt

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

I left him three days ago on the shore of a large sea. -What was he doing? 三天前我是在海岸边跟他分手的。-他在那里干什么? He was building a little boat with which to cross the ocean. 他在造一只小船想要飘洋过海。

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. Scientists who study the Earth tell us that the continents and ocean floors are always moving. Sometimes, this movement is violent and mig

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

Todd: So, hello, Alexandra. Alexandra: Hi, how are you? Todd: I'm doing good. Now Alexandra, you're from Miami. Alexandra: Yes, I am. Todd: OK, so why don't you tell us about Miami. Alexandra: Born and raised in Miami, and it's very warm, very warm.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

服装颜色英语:青-蓝色系列 靛青 ingigo 蓝色 blue 天蓝 ;蔚蓝 sky blue ; azure 月光蓝 moon blue 海洋蓝 ocean blue 海蓝 sea blue 湖蓝 acid blue 深湖蓝 vivid blue 中湖蓝 bright blue 冰雪蓝 ice-snow blue 孔雀蓝

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Humans have yet to explore the deep wonders of the sea, but a recent find suggests aliens may have already beaten us to it. 海洋深处的奇迹还有待人类去探索,但最新发现表明,在这方面外星人可能已经打败了我们。 De

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

《怪物史莱克》中的经典插曲 You belong to me See the pyramids along the Nile Watch the sun rise from the tropic isle Just remember darling all the while You belong to me See the market place in old Algiers Send me photographs and souvenir

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Rebecca: Hey, Diego. Diego: Hey. Rebecca: What are you going to do for summer break? Diego: I'm thinking about going back home. Rebecca: To Mexico? Diego: Yeah. What about you? Rebecca: I will go back to Australia, and I'll probably go the beach of c

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Government officials in Japan say it could take months for radiation(放射辐射) leaks to be brought under control at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. The Fukushima Daiichi plant continues to spew radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻