cut to the chase 抄捷径去追猎物(不绕圈子,开门见山,单刀直入) daily grind 例行苦事,每天得干的苦工 days are numbered 来日无多 dead center 正当中 dead-end str

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

芭比和亨特躲在机舱,一路跟踪马利克来到了天寒地冻的西伯利亚。但潜入秘密基地时两人被发现了,只得大打出手制服对手。 歌词: Sink slow sips of bourbon Etching out a dream A page out of your notebo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

AS IT IS 2016-07-15 Ocean Swallowing West African Coastline 海洋吞没西非海岸线 Water, the saying goes, will find its way. And so it seems to be the case in West Africa. Rising sea levels and erosion along the coast are threatening the homes

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

kiss-ass n.马屁精,谄媚者, 奉承 kiss good-bye 吻别, 放弃,失去 kiss of death n.死神之吻,乍看有益但会导致毁灭的行为 kiss of life n.生命之吻 kiss of live n.口对口人工呼吸 kiss of peace [宗] 接吻礼,团结友爱

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

今天我们还要讲几个由 shoot 这个词发展而成习惯用语。第一个是: shoot from the hip。Hip是臀部也是髋关节的部位。这个习惯用语让我们想起当年粗旷甚至野蛮的美国西部生活。 当时人不离枪、枪

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Lesson 62 The Patient Donkey 第62课 吃苦耐劳的驴子 Have you ever heard a donkey bray? What a noise he makes! Even if you have not heard one, I am sure that you have all seen a donkey, and perhaps some of you have ridden one at the seaside on

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

There is a curse that has plagued humanity since ancient times. 从古代起就有一种诅咒一直让人类饱受折磨。 The Greeks fought it by chewing aromatic resins, while the Chinese resorted to egg shells. 古希腊人通过咀嚼芳香树脂

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

陈豪这小伙子正在和他的同事美籍华人Mary在一个美国餐馆吃午饭。两人正在点菜。 (Office ambience) C:Mary, 看到菜谱上的汤就让我想起一句英文:As the ships sail out to sea, I spoon my soup away from me. 不

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

We sat like that for another immeasurable moment; I wondered if he could be as unwilling to move as I was. 我们像那样坐着,不知坐了多久。我怀疑他是否不情愿改变姿势,就像我一样。 But I could see the light was fading,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

模仿文本: BBC Radio 4 has revived the ancient art form of ventriloquism. If you don't know what it is, it's when a person changes his or her voice, so that it appears that the voice is coming from somewhere or something else, usually a puppet o

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

ANNOUNCER: Now, the VOA Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) Our story today is called Feathertop. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Shep ONeal with the story. (MUSIC) STORYTELLER: The long cold winter was gone at last. At f

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Lenina Crowne walked briskly towards the door. 列宁娜克朗轻快地向门边走去。 His fordship Mustapha Mond! The eyes of the saluting students almost popped out of their heads. 穆斯塔法蒙德福下!敬着礼的学生们眼睛几乎要从

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

国航飞行员稀烂的英语差点逼疯纽约机场的美国空管。在这段对话里有不少术语,我们一起来学习一下吧。 International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet 国际无线电通话拼写字母 为了避免误听,国际上

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Researchers from The Netherlands have identified a compound in human saliva that greatly speeds wound healing, according to their report published Wednesday in The Journal of Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB). The rese

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

口语:英文里的各种发言讲话 生活中,有的小伙伴凭借三寸不烂之舌能Hold住全场,有的小伙伴靠嘴甜舌巧搞定自己的另一半。他们的讲话特点,英文里都有哪些短语可以形容?下面就来看看吧

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

地道、文明又解恨的英文“骂”语

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Lesson17 THE RABBIT 第17课 兔子 I know a boy who has some tame rabbits. He keeps them in the yard behind his house, in a box called a rabbit-hutch. His rabbits are black and white, but wild rabbits are grey or brown. 我认识一个男孩子, 他家

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

He was savoring a French truffle. When most of the chocolate candy had melted in his mouth, he chewed the last remaining bit and swallowed. Immediately, he popped another one into his mouth. When he finished that one, he put another one into his mout

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

模仿文本: The world's worst kept football secret finally revealed a world-record transfer fee for Gareth Bale. 20,000 people actually turned out to hear him speak for the first time. That's almost as much as some Premier League teams get for th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

They have been found living in boiling mud pots and lakes of caustic soda, deep inside rocks, at the bottom of the sea, 我们还发现细菌生活在沸腾的泥潭里和烧碱池里,岩石深处,大海底部, in hidden pools of icy water in t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史