From NPR News in Washington, I'm Craig Windham. A man with a shot gun walked into the lobby of the Federal Courthouse in downtown Las Vegas this morning and opened fire, killing one court officer and seriously wounding another. The gunman fled the bu

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

A: Let's go and get something from the cafeteria. B: What are you going to get? A: I think I just want some chips. B: I want to get a snack too. A: What are you getting? B: I have a taste for candy. A: What kind are you going to get? B: Chocolate sou

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: I am absolutely famished. B: Yeah. I am too. A: Where did you want to go for lunch? B: I was thinking we should just go to the cafeteria. A: I don't think I ever got food from the cafeteria. B: I actually like the food there. A: Does the cafeteria

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Colin Lowther. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 Yehia Jaber is a Lebanese poet.

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

World Diabetes Day (WDD) is celebrated every year on November 14. This is the birthday of Dr. Frederick Banting, one of the discoverers of insulin in 1922. WWD was created in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the WHO (World Heal

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: February 27, 2005 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Ray Freeman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of the United Stat

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Country and Western Singer Hank Williams Wrote Songs About Love and Heartbreak (THEME) VOICE ONE: PEOPLE IN AMERICA -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (THEME) Every week at this time, we tell you a story about people who played

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

He played the piano. He played it very well. He started playing the piano when he was six years old. That was seven years ago. Now he was 13 years old. He was very good. He won one piano contest after another. A famous piano teacher heard him play th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

David Beckham moved to Beverly Hills in 2007 with his wife Victoria and their three sons, and the soccer star has no plans to move back to the UK. 万人迷大卫-贝克汉姆在2007年拖家带口,搬到了美国好莱坞的贝弗利山庄,转眼三

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Didn't I make you feel like you were the only man? And didn't I give you everything that a woman possibly can? Each time I tell myself I think I've had enough Well I'm gonna show you baby that a woman can be tough So come on Come on Come on and Take

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

By Michael Kitchen In a surprise move on the eve of Afghanistan's first-ever presidential election, two candidates say they are withdrawing from the race and throwing their support behind current tran

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Japanese Art Show in New York Has Special Meaning After Natural Disaster DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. This week on our program: new music from two indie-rock bands ... A

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Independent Media Emerge in Tripoli After Fall of Gadhafi Independent news media are beginning to emerge in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, two weeks after the fall of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi. They are pledging to help build democratic institution

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Portlandia begins its eighth and final season tonight on IFC. The sketch comedy TV show put Portland on the map as the capital of earnest urbanism at a time when words like artisanal and locavore were sweeping the nation. It

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

A key British executive of Rupert Murdoch's global media empire has resigned amid the firestorm over the phone-hacking and police bribery scandal that has triggered investigations on both sides of the Atlantic. Rebekah Brooks stepped down Friday as c

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: Hello, Mike. Mike: Hey. Todd: Now, Mike, you are diabetic. Mike: That's right. Todd: OK, so that means you have diabetes. Mike: That's right. Todd: Can you explain what diabetes is? Mike: OK, basically, your body... everybody has an organ in th

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

SINGAPORE, July 4 (Xinhua) -- The mass media of China and India could play a more positive role in the bilateral relations between the two emerging countries, scholars said on Wednesday at a seminar in Singapore. Speaking at the India-China Dialogue

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

According to the New Strait Times of August 8, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia hosted the opening ceremony of the nations Good Values to Prevent Crimes programme, in which Muhyiddin appealed the young people to read Analec

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Mr. know it all Well ya think you know it all But ya don't know a thing at all Ain't it something y'all When somebody tells you something bout you Think that they know you more than you do So you take it down another pill to swallow Mr bring me down

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Today marks the beginning of Summer, according to traditional Chinese calendars, which divide the year into 24 solar terms. And Chinese people are marking this start of the seventh solar term - known as Lixia - with various forms of feasting. In east

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年