Oh, why you look so sad The tears are in your eyes Come on and come to me now Don't be ashamed to cry Let me see you through Cause I've seen the dark side too When the nights falls on you You don't know what to do Nothing you confess Could make me lo

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

[00:00.99]Poet of PianoChopin [00:03.83]Frederic Francois Chopin, Polish-born composer and renowned pianist, [00:11.16]was the creator of 55 mazurkas, 13 polonaises, 24 preludes, [00:17.29] 27 etudes, 19 nocturnes, 4 ballads, and 4 scherzos. [00:23.9

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

The ancestry of the piano can be traced to the early keyboard instruments of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries --- the spinet, the dulcimer, and the virginal. In the seventeenth century the organ,

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

HEALTH REPORT-Testing for Pre-Diabetes By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: April 17, 2002 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. American health experts say more people should be tested for a condit

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - December 1, 2002: Julia Ward Howe By Shelley Gollust VOICE ONE: I'm Ray Freeman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. Today, we finish telling about the interesting nicknames that have been given to the fifty American states. The state of Ohio is in the midwest. It is named the Buckeye State after a tree

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

A: I need a snack from the cafeteria. B: What are you thinking of getting? A: I only want some chips. B: I think I may get something too. A: What do you plan on buying? B: I have a sweet tooth. I want candy. A: What kind of candy do you want? B: I re

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: Did you get anything for lunch? B: I ate a sandwich with some chips and soda. A: Did you go somewhere and get your food? B: I bought my food from the cafeteria today. A: Tell me, what kind of sandwich did you decide to get? B: They gave me a bolog

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: I want to get a snack at the cafeteria. B: What are you going to buy? A: I may just get some chips. B: I'm probably going to buy something too. A: What do you want to get? B: I want some sort of candy. A: What kind do you want? B: I want some choc

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Sonia Gandhi was born in 1946 to Italian parents in a small village in northern Italy. She was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended a Catholic school. Her life changed in 1964 when she went to study English in England. It was there that she met an

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how hit the right tone when you give characters accents and dialects. Guest-writer Charles Carson writes, To flavor a novel and provide authenticity, authors often use dialect in their written dialogue. But the use

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Ursula Lindsey The terrorist bombings last week at resorts along Egypt's Red Sea coast raised fears of another slump in the country's tourism industry, a key sector of its economy. The industry is

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--世界经济

Streets Of Philadelphia 《费城故事》 演唱者:Bruce Springsteen i was bruised and battered and I couldn't tell What I felt I was unrecognizable to myself I saw my reflection in a window I didn't know My own face Oh brother are you gonna leav

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 电影歌曲

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - 80 Million Treated Against Elephantiasis By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, April 19, 2004 This is Robert Cohen with the VOA Special English Development Report. Elephantiasis Patient

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

BOB DOUGHTY: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, a program in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith. Today we tell about the development of what scientists are calling a synthetic cell a cell produced by people inste

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Economics Report - 'You Are Your Brand:' Using Social Media to Find a Job This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Today we share some ideas for job hunters about presenting yourself online. 今

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

US Very Concerned About Syrias Sarin Gas The conflict between rebels and the Syrian government is intensifying. Now U.S. officials say there is movement activity around Syrias chemical weapons sites. Experts say it is a dangerous sign that a war invo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

By Paula Wolfson Washington 05 September 2006 George W. Bush President Bush is defending his handling of the war on terror as the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States rapidly approaches. Mr. Bush says th

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

Enam: Katia, what are the environmental problems in your country? Katia: Well, I can think of three problems. One is water drought. The scarcity of water. Second, we have a lot of air pollution, and third a lot of deforestation. Enam: OK, so can you

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

(I just swear that I'll aways be there. I'd give anything and everything and I will always care. Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow, for better or worse, I will love you with every beat of my heart.) From this moment life has begun

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐