PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Hank Williams By Paul Thompson BROADCAST: December 22, 2002 (THEME) VOICE ONE: PEOPLE IN AMERICA --a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (THEME) Every week at this

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

A: I'm hungry. B: So am I. A: Where should we go eat today? B: How about we go eat in the cafeteria? A: I never bought food from the cafeteria. B: You haven't? They have a lot of good stuff. A: What do they have? B: They sell everything. A: Well, I w

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Theres a famous song that says Diamonds are a girls best friend. Is that true? Do all women like diamonds? They are certainly very beautiful, especially when you see them sparkling. But really, only rich people can afford diamonds. When I bought my w

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Todd: OK, Kerri, I'm going to ask you about the news. Do you follow the news everyday? Kerri: Sometimes. Todd: How do you follow the news? Kerri: Well, in Japan mostly the radio or the internet. Todd: Oh, really. OK. What radio station? Kerri: NPR, b

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

I was puzzled! Why was this old woman making such a fuss about an old copse which was of no use to anybody? She had written letters to the local paper, even to a national, protesting about a projected by-pass to her village, and, looking at a map, th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

YOU'RE STILL THE ONE (When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me, I felt love. And after all this time, you're still the one I love.) Looks like we made it Look how far we've come my baby We mighta took the long way We knew

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - December 3, 2002: Diabetes By Oliver Chanler VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob Doughty with Science in the News, a VOA Special English program about rece

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

I'm Doug Johnson. This week we play new music by the band Cake And answer a question about New York City But first a visit to Virginia wine country. (MUSIC) Virginias Wineries DOUG JOHNSON: The economic recession has caused many Americans to cut thei

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

HELSINKI, Nov.23 (Xinhua) -- Nokia Siemens Networks is planning to cut its workforce by 17,000 worldwide by the end of 2013, the company said in a statement on Wednesday in Espoo, Finland. The company said the measures are part of an extensive global

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: So, hello, Alexandra. Alexandra: Hi, how are you? Todd: I'm doing good. Now Alexandra, you're from Miami. Alexandra: Yes, I am. Todd: OK, so why don't you tell us about Miami. Alexandra: Born and raised in Miami, and it's very warm, very warm.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 20 (Xinhua) -- Former Brazil international striker Adriano could make his long-awaited return to football within a month after being cleared by doctors Monday to resume training. Adriano underwent surgery for a second time on his

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, March 23 (Xinhua) -- On the same day that Corinthians officially terminated Adriano's contract, the controversial striker declared on Friday that he will begin practicing with his former team Flamengo. Corinthians announced on Friday

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: OK, Kerri, I'm going to ask you about the news. Do you follow the news everyday? Kerri: Sometimes. Todd: How do you follow the news? Kerri: Well, in Japan mostly the radio or the internet. Todd: Oh, really. OK. What radio station? Kerri: NPR, b

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Head-waiter: Good evening, sir. Henry: Good evening. Wed like a table for four, please. Head-waiter: Do you have a reservation, sir? Henry: No, Im afraid not. Can we sit over there? Theres a table free by the window. Head-waiter: Sorry, sir. That tab

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

DAMASCUS, March 27 (Xinhua) -- Syria reportedly accepted Tuesday a six-point plan by Kofi Annan, the joint special envoy of the UN and Arab League (AL) for Syria, to end the year-long violence, according to Annan's spokesman. The spokesman said in a

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Nov. 24 (Xinhua) -- An inexpensive drug that treats Type 2 diabetes has been shown to prevent a number of natural and man-made chemicals from stimulating the growth of breast cancer cells, according to a newly published study by a Michiga

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: So, you were saying you went to Laos, you went to Thailand, by any chance did you go to Malaysia? Phil: Yeah, I spent, I spent some time in Malaysia. The first stop, we went there from Singapore, just taking a bus and we ended up in Malacca. St

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

PRETORIA, Dec. 14 (Xinhua) -- The whereabouts of former president Nelson Mandela who is receiving treatment for a lung infection have puzzled journalists who are scrambling to get first- hand as well as first-time information about the anti-apartheid

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是dialogue。 Dialogue, 对话。 Freed Burmese activist Aung San Suu Kyi called for dialogue with the Myanmar government, 缅甸民主运动领袖昂山素季获释后,呼吁跟缅甸政府展开对话。 Russia and Japan

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

I have nothing Share my life, take me for what I am Cause Ill never change all my colours for you Take my love, Ill never ask for too much Just all that you are and everything that you do I dont really need to look very much further I dont want to ha

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音