A: What can I get for you today? B: Could I get a hamburger, please? A: Would you like cheese on that? B: No, thank you. A: Would you like a drink? B: Let me have a soda. A: What kind of soda would you like? B: May I have a Sprite, please? A: Sure, n

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: What would you like to order? B: I would like to have a hamburger. A: Did you want it with cheese? B: I don't want cheese on it. A: Did you want anything to drink today? B: I think I'm going to get a soda today. A: What kind of soda can I get you?

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

We heard the sad news that Parekura Horomia died at his home in Tolaga Bay, this afternoon. He was 62. He had problems with his weight and tried for many years to improve his health but recently he had not been very well. He had been a Labour Party M

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Julia Roberts (born 1967) is a glamorous American movie star. She shot to fame in the early 1990s after starring in the romantic comedy Pretty Woman. She won an Oscar for best actress in 2001 for her role in Erin Brockovich. She is one of the highest

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Negotiators from Zimbabwe's three political parties are meeting in South Africa to try to reach agreement on an amendment to the constitution that would enable the formation of a government of national unity. Peta Thornycroft, reporting from Harare,

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 Egypt's government faced international criticism when it blocked Internet service to try to suppress the uprising there. But Egyptian activists found

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

By Gary Thomas Washington 22 November 2006 Nicole Gemayel, sister of prominent anti-Syrian Christian politician Pierre Gemayel, center, mourns with friends and relatives on her brother's coffin When a key cabinet official in Lebanon was gunned down

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Kurdish Gains in Syria Rattle Turkey Climbing up to his fourth-floor balcony, Mehmet Bervan, a Kurd from Ceylanpinar in southeast Turkey, has a frontline view of the conflict playing out in Syria. His house lies close enough to the border fence to sh

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Syria Crisis Hurts Lebanese Farmers In the Bekaa Valley, a wide variety of fruits and vegetables are grown for domestic consumption and export to Jordan, Egypt and the Gulf countries. But as the conflict in Syria intensifies, Antoine Howayek, the pre

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Foreign ministers from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or NATO, have recently agreed to resume ties with Russia that were suspended in August as a result of Moscow's five-day war with Georgia. The NATO/Russia Council was created in 2002 as a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(三月)

Islamic Summit Leaders Urge Action on Mali, Syria Leaders from across the Muslim world gathered for the two-day summit in Cairo, with the conflicts in Syria and Mali taking center stage. Egypt has taken over the rotating chairmanship of the Organizat

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

Social Media Draw More US Women to Clothing Swaps Bartering for bargains About 300 women came to the cafeteria of the West Springfield High School to lay out gently used shirts, dresses and other items they no longer wanted. In return, they could tak

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

A new study has found that people who eat fast food are much more likely to develop insulin resistance than those who don't. 一项新的研究表明吃快餐的人比不吃快餐的人更易患抗性胰岛素。 A study published in the internationa

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

By Sondang Sirait Blacksburg, Virginia 15 May 2007 The university in the southern U.S. state of Virginia where a student killed 27 other students and five faculty members last month held graduation ceremonies last week. Among the graduates were those

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Melinda Smith Washington, DC 04 January 2007 watch Meningitis in Children Meningitis can be infectious, particularly when the disease is spread among large groups of people living in crowded conditions. It is most prevalent in sub-Saharan Africa,

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

今天我们要学的词是dialogue。 Dialogue, 对话。 Freed Burmese activist Aung San Suu Kyi called for dialogue with the Myanmar government, 缅甸民主运动领袖昂山素季获释后,呼吁跟缅甸政府展开对话。 Russia and Japan

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Ron: Hi, I'm Ron from Hawaii. I'm here with Mari from Japan. Today we're going to be talking about entertainment, and how often we do these things. So Mari, how often do you watch TV? Mari: I watch the news in the morning and when I come home at nigh

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By Paula Wolfson White House 17 May 2006 Members of the 2006 U.S. Winter Olympic and Paralympic teams were honored Wednesday by President Bush. They gathered at the White House for a reunion and some

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Jim Malone Washington 16 July 2007 In U.S. election news, Democrats Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama solidified their lead in campaign fundraising this month while Republican John McCain continues to face turmoil within his own ranks. VOA National

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

图片1 Beginners. Doreen is a neighbor of mine. She also happens to be a good friend. She lives just three houses away. We joke that my children have adopted her as another grandma. My two youngest children go and visit her all the time, and she mak

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English