Phineas Taylor (P.T.) Barnum knew how to catch people's eye and make money. His unique museums and traveling shows made him famous. Also, he came up with the three-ring circus, which made circuses more exciting and impressive than ever before. Barnum

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

labor [(1) work; (2) workers as a group] Building a house is hard labor. (1) Organized labor is a major force in American politics. (2) laboratory [a room or place where experiments in science are done] The medical students spent much of their time i

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语1500基础单词例句

This is AP News Minute. Former Virginia senator Jim Webb annouced he's dropping out of the Democratic race for president. But he says he's still considering how he might remain a voice in the campaign. Canada has a new prime minister. After 10 years

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十)月

One-Third of College Students Worldwide Attend Private Schools Private colleges and universities are growing in popularity around the world. One-third of all higher education students worldwide take classes at such schools. That finding is from a stu

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

1.What do you think of your dispositions? 你认为你的性格如何? 2.How do you get along with people who have different characters? 你怎么和不同性格的人相处? 3.I am always cheerful and optimistic. 我总是很乐观开朗。 4 I

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 面试口语脱口而出

EDUCATION REPORT - U.S. College Admissions: Each School Sets Its Own Requirements By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, May 05, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Education Report. We

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Todd: Hey, so Ruth, how do you get your news? Ruth: Oh, I buy a newspaper. Todd: Oh, really, what paper do you read? Ruth: I always read the Guardian. Todd: The Guardian. Is that conservative or liberal? Ruth: Oh, it's labor. Todd: Labor. So the Labo

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

High school students have defeated an artificial intelligence device designed to pass the national college entrance exam, in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. 最近,四川省成都市某高中的学生们战胜了专门为通过高考而设计的人工

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是approval rating。 Approval rating是支持率的意思。Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party's approval rating fell to 20%, 日本执政党自民党的民众支持率滑落到20%。 A new survey shows that President Ob

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

This is AP News Minute. President Donald Trump moves forward with plans to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, despite strong Arab, Muslim and European opposition to such a move. That would revert decades of U.S. policy and could spark violent p

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2017(十二)月

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Edward Kennedy, 1932-2009: The 'Liberal Lion' of the Senate STEVE EMBER: I'm Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Senator Edward Kennedy. He served in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Leading the news. Senior Liberal MPs are warning coalition collegues they will lose the election if they are not unified. The prime minister was yesterday forced to publicly back its treasurer after a series of cabinet leaks suggest Joe hockey should

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

模仿句子:Now this casting was always a joke. He's called Darcy just like Jane Austen's brooding squire in Pride and Prejudice so glamorously embodied by Colin Firth in the 1995 television series.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Todd: Hey, so Ruth, how do you get your news? Ruth: Oh, I buy a newspaper. Todd: Oh, really, what paper do you read? Ruth: I always read the Guardian. Todd: The Guardian. Is that conservative or liberal? Ruth: Oh, it's labor. Todd: Labor. So the Labo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

EDUCATION REPORT - Foreign Student Series #3: College or University? By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, September 16, 2004 This is Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Education Report. We hav

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Jeff: So where are you from? Tim: I'm from Oregon. Jeff: Oregon. Tim: Yeah. It's on the West Coast of America, above California and below Washington. It has the coast. It has the mountains and a lot of different regions really. Jeff: Really, so which

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Jerry跟同事Paula和Will打招呼,注意听他们三人周末都干了些什么。 Jerry: Hey, Paula. Hi, Will. Did you have a good weekend? Paula: Yeah... I checked out that new 3-D movie. It's amazing what they can do with technologies these da

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

今天我们要学的词是camp。 Camp, 有阵营的意思。 Opposition camp, 反对派阵营。 Political camp, 政治派系的阵营。美国的政治版图不断发生变化。 Many Americans do not fit well within either the conservative or the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The Conservative party won 306 seats while Labour and the Liberal Democrats got 258 and 57 seats respectively. This meant that the Liberal Democrats effectively became 'kingmakers', with the power to choose which rival to form a coalition with. Both

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Topic1-How Liberal Arts Classes are Helping Students Go Global The enthusiasm for Chinese students to study overseas sees no sign of waning. More students are taking note that a well-rounded education including a firm footing in the humanities is ess

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议