Passage Two Engineering students are supposed to be examples of practicality and rationality, but when it comes to my college education I am an idealist and a fool. In high school I wanted to be an el

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方CET6阅读

The Thai governments cracking down on those that it blames for causing the recent unrest in Bangkok. A Thai court has approved an arrest warrant for ex-leader Thaksin Shinawatra, accusing him of inciting last week's protests. His lawyer Robert Amster

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

It may be weeks or even months before U.S. President Barack Obama announces his first appointment to the United States Supreme Court. But, he is already getting a lot of advice from members of Congress about a possible replacement for retiring Justic

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年5月

Glasgow,the rebel city that rejected the West Minster in the Scotish referendom.Here,Nickneck makes his key note speech,once the leader of rebel party ,now firmly part of this establishment.But he's still working for the people,he argued.Hello,good a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

VOA News 23 June 2006 Watch Bishop Report Katharine Jefferts Schori At a national meeting in Ohio earlier this week (June 18), the Episcopal Church, the U.S. arm of the worldwide Anglican Communion, elected its first female presiding bishop. The cho

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

By Jim Malone Washington 02 February 2006 This week's Senate confirmation of Justice Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court could have far-reaching implications for law and politics in the United States. S

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Craig McCulloch Vancouver 23 January 2006 (15 December, 2005) Voters in Canada are heading to the polls Monday in the country's general election. What started out with a comfortable lead for the re

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

By Craig McCulloch Vancouver 24 January 2006 Canada's Conservative opposition has won the country's general election, ending 12 years of Liberal government. Conservative Leader Stephen Harper gives th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

Humanities Fight to Survive in Hi-Tech World Tim Clark is a senior at Amherst College, a small liberal arts school in western Massachusetts, where hes studied Latin, Greek and archeology. Thanks to those classes, he says, hes not the same person he w

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Republicans Face Tough Job Winning Hispanic Votes The Republican convention's host city of Tampa is home to a well-established Hispanic community, with Cuban cigar shops and restaurants that attract delegates and even a U.S. senator. They may enjoy t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Topics: John McCain, Little League sports, how to pronounce years and hours, using some plus a number, to hock, larger than life, to cheat on someone, I might say vs. I can say Words: navy liberal conservative term of office league World Series 1800s

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says he will resign by September. Observers say the decision eases the way for his Labor Party to stay in power in a possible coalition government, following last week's indecisive election. No party won a majority

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

By Tom Rivers London 05 May 2007 In Britain, results from local elections Thursday show that Prime Minister Tony Blair's Labour Party has suffered big losses, especially in Scotland. Tom Rivers reports from London that with Mr. Blair likely to leave

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Britain's Liberal Democrats party leader Nick Clegg as he arrives at the Local Government Offices in London, 08 May 2010 Members of Britain's third party - the center-left Liberal Democrats - met privately Saturday as they considered a power-sharing

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

今天我们要学的词是spoiler。 Spoiler, 是指拆台的人。美国消费者权益倡导者拉尔夫.纳德再次宣布竞选总统。Nader has been called an election spoiler, 纳德一直被称为竞选的搅局者。 不过,在接受媒体采

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Britain may like to find out about more our voting system in elections. Our system gives smaller political parties a chance to be part of the government. We have MMP which is one kind of proportional representation. If a party gets a proportion of th

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Topics: Movies Guess Who's Coming to Dinner; Famous songs The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald; to go on versus to keep on versus to move on; the suffix ship; to blow a raspberry Words: to guess interracial miscegenation head-on liberal to object to wr

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Bill: Why are you reading that rag? Rachel: I enjoy reading it. I like its news coverage and its incisive commentaries. Bill: Thats nothing but a liberal propaganda rag. You cant believe a thing they print in there. Rachel: Thats not true. The news s

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Broadcast on COAST TO COAST: February 5, 2004 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- we continue our discussion of American political rhetoric. RS: The Scripps Survey Research Center at Ohio University says two times

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Britain How to win elections 英国 获选方法 Baracking the voters 奥巴马式拉票 British parties want to emulate the American master 英国政党希望效仿美国总统 At ten oclock, recalls a Labour Party staffer, the sweep began. From nei

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合