The Rugby League Varsity Match is a ruby league game played annually in March. 橄榄球联盟对抗赛是一种每年3月举行的橄榄球联盟比赛。 Until 2010, it has been contested for only 30 years, and Cambridge leads the series 16 to 13,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 走进牛津大学

Todd: Hey, James! James: Yeah! Todd: Let's talk about seasons. James: OK. Todd: James, what is your favorite season? James: My favorite season is spring. Todd: Yeah, why is that? James: Because it's not so cold but it's not so hot that I'm sweating o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

THE MAKING OF A NATION #87 - James Buchanan, Part 3 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, November 04, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English. (MUSIC) As we r

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

Our story is called The Diamond Lens. It was written by Fitz-James O'Brien. Today we will hear the second and final part of the story. Here is Maurice Joyce with part two of The Diamond Lens. When I was a child, someone gave me a microscope. I spent

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(305) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

I'm alive --by:Celine Dion When you call on me When I hear you breathe I get wings to fly I feel that I'm alive When you look at me I can touch the sky I know that I'm alive When you bless the day I just drift away All my worries die I'm glad that I

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

Peng Liyuan is in the news, but who is she? My colleague James Chau is one of the few journalists to have actually interviewed her. Both he and the First Lady are AIDS activists and it was this shared commitment that brought them together. James join

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年03月

THIS IS AMERICA - How Safe Do You Feel in Your Neighborhood? FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty. Political and social scientist James Q. Wilson was interested in a great

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Silent Monks Learn to Speak for Revenue On a 500-hectare estate of rolling hills in the Virginia countryside live 11 Trappist monks. There used to be almost 70. But the decision to become a monk is not as popular as it once was. This might explain wh

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Lesson 30 Who Did It? Text A Inspector Chester of Scotland Yard soon arrived on the scene of the crime. When the newspapermen saw him getting out of the car they immediately realised that matters were serious. Inspector Chester had a fine reputation.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(170) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语教程(Oral Workshop)--中级

LeBron James is going Hollywood. 勒布朗詹姆斯(LeBron James)要去好莱坞拍电影了。 After stealing critics' hearts in the Amy Schumer summer comedy, Trainwreck, the NBA star is plotting more projects for big and small screens. 在出演

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

I heard a great story recently -- I love telling it -- of a little girl who was in a drawing lesson. 最近我听到一个很不错的故事。我很愿意讲讲这个故事,说的是一个小女孩正在上绘画课。 She was six, and she was at

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Todd: So, James, you're in a band! James: Yes! Todd: OK, tell us about your band. James: I play in a Swedish Bubblegum Punk Band. Todd: Swedish Bubblegum Punk Band. What exactly is that? James: I don't know, but that's what it says on the CD. Todd: O

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他和美国同事Amy晚上要一起参加同事James的告别晚宴,由公司北京办事处主任戴维斯主持。 (Office ambience) A:Chen Hao, you need to be prepared for a lot of toasting tonight. C:

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Alisha: This is the second time Ive been turned down for a credit card in a month. I dont know what Im doing wrong. 这是我一个月之内第二次信用卡被拒了。我不知道自己做错了什么。 James: Have you checked your credit report

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

It's true, of course. I knew he wasn't yours the moment I first saw him. There's not much misses you, is there? I suppose not. However, it doesn't take much more than very ordinary powers of observation to see when the various members of my parish ar

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

2016年全英音乐奖(Brit Awards)于北京时间2月25日凌晨颁奖完毕,Adele拿下年度专辑、年度单曲、英国女歌手和全球成就奖四座重量级大奖,可谓当场最大赢家。James Bay获得英国男歌手奖,Catfi

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Nike has signed Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James to a lifetime deal in what one source familiar with the negotiations said is the largest single-athlete guarantee in company history. 据报道,耐克公司与骑士队前锋勒布朗詹姆斯签

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

詹姆仕布朗特(James Blunt,1974年2月22日-),亦作詹姆斯布朗特,英国流行歌手,2004年发行首张个人专辑不安于室(Back to Bedlam)并借助单曲美丽的你(You're Beautiful)一举成名。迄今已经发行

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

1. Los Angeles police say a man believed to be connected to the slaying of publicist Ronni Chasen shot himself to death at a Hollywood hotel just as police served a search warrant. The man's name and his connection to Chasen have not been released. S

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十二月)

She took a teaching position at Rutgers University, where her academic work on women's rights became the basis for a string of cases she argued before the Supreme Court. 她在罗格斯大学(Rutgers University)担任教职,在那里,她做了妇女

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 人物杂志