THIS IS AMERICA -January 28, 2002: Winter Olympic Games By George Grow VOICE ONE: The American state of Utah is busy making final preparations for the Winter Olympics. The Olympic Games will open earl

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Nancy-Amelia Collins Malaysia's prime minister is calling for the United Nations to intervene in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict during a meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement in Kuala Lumpur Thursday.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--巴以冲突

AMERICAN ENGLISH AND BRITISH ENGLISH Many students want to know about the differences between American English and British English. How did these differences come about? There is no quick answer to this question. At first the language in Britain and

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语听力人教版第一册

一个英语单词可分为三部分:前缀(prefix)词根(root)后缀(suffix)。位于词根前面的部分就是前缀。前缀,可以改变单词的意思。 inter-表示在......之内 interchange = inter + change 在两者之间进行

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Dear Editor,I live in Paris,France.In my country there is a famous site,called the Chauvet Caves.I am very worried about it because some of the cave paintings have been destroyed by air pollution.No,the pollution does not come from cars or factories,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

I reiterate our call for, inter alia, the immediate ending of the State of Emergency and the freeing of all, and not only some, political prisoners. Only such a normalized situation, which allows for free political activity, can allow us to consult o

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Winter vacation I plan to study english harder. But for my sister's suggestion, I would have no idea. My sister suggested that I should keep a diary in English. It seems that my english will get better and better if I persevere in keeping a diary in

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

Do the career that you love I want to share with you a great success story from one of my clients Susan ,Because I'm so proud of her . Susan has been working in a computer industrial since collage ,and though she was final- actually and professionall

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 白领美丽英文诵典365

Computers around the world are connected in an extensive communication system called the Internet. Transcript of radio broadcast: 17 June 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Tod

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

By Peta Thornycroft Southern Africa 27 October 2009 Talks between Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe and Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai to resolve the political deadlock in the country's unity government have failed and Movement for Democratic Chang

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十月)

Throughout the Middle East, a Need to Change Course 在整个中东地区,需要改变方向 The United States cares about the Middle East because of the economic, political, and security interests we have, the many friendships we have forged, and th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

Greek Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou leaves from a meeting with Prime Minister George Papandreou in Athens, 09 Apr 2010 Greece is facing more troubling news as it tries to get its growing debt under control. Fitch Ratings, one of the world'

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: July 18, 2002 Re-broadcast on VOA News Now: July 21, 2002 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- surviving a job interview! RS: Here's the first bit of advice from human resources consult

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

I grew up in Minnesota where the summers are hot and humid and winters are bitterly cold. Living in Los Angeles now, it's sometimes hard to describe to people how winter weather can be in chillier climates. In L.A. most of the year, the weather is su

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

For more on General Fan's visit, we bring in our guest Peter Hakim, President Emeritus and senior fellow of the Inter-American Dialogue in Washington. q1. Mr Hakim, General Fan's visit to Cuba comes hot off the heels of his visit to the United States

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

你可以随她的歌声,逡游于广袤深洋,崇山峻岭,阔邃林间,无际平畴,万里苍穹,甚至紧紧包裹着你的大气当中,只有配得上天籁称誉的声音,才能如此勾起你飞翔的潜意识。是的,就是恩雅,洁白无瑕的至性至灵,吞吐成字字句句天使气息般的绝美跫音,也只有恩雅的声音,才

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Stocking up for Winter. The bell rang today while I was tidying up after dinner. I wondered who it could be at eight o'clock at night. As I approached the door, the bell started ringing very fast, which made me guess that it was one of my children. W

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Peta Thornycroft 15 November 2007 After many delays negotiations in Harare between the ruling ZANU-PF and the opposition Movement for Democratic Change have reached a critical point and the parties have reportedly agreed to new laws governing elec

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

To finance and the International Monetary Fund has timed its projections for global economic growth.It cut for custs 3.3% this year and 4% next year.And the IMF blames a most subdue outlook for the United States and Europe. Emerging market and develo

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

Despite cancelling a planned summit with DPRK top leader Kim Jong Un last week, U.S. President Donald Trump now says that preparations are on track for the meeting in Singapore. Trump made his remarks, after news was announced that Kim Jong Un had me

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台