Voice Mail and Calling Cards电话留言机和电话卡 1) Voice mail is starting to replace answering machines. The popularity of voice mail has come about because of its many benefits. The main advantages are:电话留言机正在取代电话应答机

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about four more individuals who are making a difference in the world. Each person is helping others in special ways. (MUSIC) VOICE O

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十二)月

we sell, Bryan says We started that process in 1987 and by 2007 our accounts had an annualized return of more than 30%, says Bob. 布莱恩说,一旦股票不再具有这些特征,或是股价增长一倍,我们就会卖出。鲍伯回忆道我们

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

[00:03.46]Okay. 好吧 [00:05.42]So, what is Isabella gonna do when she sees me being her? 当伊莎贝拉看到我变成她时,她会怎样? [00:07.02]She won't. She's off on some island trying to get over this. 她不会看到。她去了一个岛

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-平民天后

Hello, Im Callum Robertson and this is Entertainment. Next Monday, August th 27 , in Britain is a national holiday or what we call a bank holiday and several thousand people will be heading off to a small village in Wales which is hosting the World B

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Welcome to Science Talk, the weekly podcast of Scientific American for the 7 days starting March 26, 2008. Im Steve Mirsky. The baseball season is already underway, so this week on the podcast well talk about some baseball related science with editor

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

17. Excuse 1) Well, the thing is you didn't ask for leave. 2) I mean I came but you are not in. 3) Let me explain. You see many people are illiterate. 4) But the point is that most insurance companies make profits. 5) It's because I don't want to be

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语每天说

在政界里,国家领导人是否也遭遇过尴尬呢,他们又是如何巧妙得化解的呢 Neil: Hello, I'm Neil. Callum: And I'm Callum. Neil: And this is 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. Today we're talking about political gaffe

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

14. Moreover, even though humans have been upright for millions of years, our feet and back continue to struggle with bipedal posture and cannot easily withstand repeated strain imposed by oversize limbs. 【分析】复合句。even though 引导让步

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Gordon said, My elbow's killing me. I have tendinitis. Isaac said, A friend of mine lost both his arms. He doesn't even have an elbow. Gordon said, My back's killing me. I couldn't even get out of bed this morning. Isaac said, A friend of mine is par

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

TOMMY: ________(1)_________. KEN: What's the plan, Tommy? Que pasa, amigo? TOMMY: The plan is you keep doing that like a moron. Anyhow, we need a driver. KEN: Tommy, I'll do it. I can drive. PHIL: You want Hilary, mister. Not some smart-talking law s

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

GWEN IFILL: We're bombarded with advertising every day on TV, online, or just walking around the neighborhood. That's no accident. The ad business spends over $160 billion a year on it. But even before the ad reaches your smartphone or whatever, manu

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

唐顿庄园第二季第六集_10 [INT. SERVANT'S HALL - EVENING] MR CARSON A German republic? No, I don't think so, Mr Branson. The Kaiser will go, I grant you, and maybe the Crown Prince, too, but there'll be a regency, mark my words. Monarchy is t

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第六集_6 [INT. DOWNTON GARAGE - DAY] [A womans heels click on the garage floor and Branson stops as he hears Sybils voice from his position under the motorcar engine.] LADY SYBIL I wish I knew how an engine worked. BRANSON I c

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

Teenagers who are physically active in any way are less likely than their TV-watching peers to smoke, drink or take other health risks, a new study suggests. Researchers found that compared with teens who spent much of their free time in front of the

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The definition of NBA All-Star can sometimes be a moving target. 对NBA全明星的定义不是一成不变的。 Superstars like LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and James Harden are no-brainers; they're all locks for a t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

DO: Flaunt your style 秀出你的风格 What man doesnt relish in lusting over a well-cut suit? If youve got a strong look going in that new bow tie or leather jacket, dont be timid in showing it off and treating your followers to some aspirational

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Sportsound: 15 Nov 16 LAST TUESDAY Kenny Macintyre and guests continue the debate on Scotland and Gordon Strachan.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

A) A list of the typical excuses for not being done on time: My dog ate the report. Oh, you needed that this week? You're not the boss of me. Put it on the pile, I'll get to it whenever. 一些在未能及时完成工作时常用的借口:我的狗把

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

很多人在刚到一个陌生的环境之后,会觉得浑身不自在,需要一段时间来适应。今天我们来学几个跟这种情况相关的表达。 第一个是trying to find my feet,意为我正在努力适应新环境。其它类似说

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语