Lesson 9 The 2002 World Cup Stadiums Text: A main thirty-first 2002 Korea and Japan held the World Cup 2002 together. It was the first time that the World Cup was held in two countries. So it was very different from the World Cups in the past. The st

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(862) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄学英语第二册

Passage 29 Time Time is tangible. One can gain time, spend time, waste time, save time, or even kill time. Common questions in American English reveal this concrete quality as though time were a possession. Do you have any time?, Can you get some ti

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级听写

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Think of your family or friends. How well would those relationships work without trust -- or with a broken trust? Tiger Woods considers a difficult shot from deep grass during the 2009 U.S. Open Recently, F

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

Tax free --- duty free Tax cuts Income tax General-----generally speaking Federalist Type---kind---sort Typewriter----typist Salary---wage---income Earn money----earn a living Make money---make a livi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 自考英语(一)78讲

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

-Now, sir. Are you about to fly? -Not today, no, not from South Hampton. -Now ,so you’re seeing someone off , are you? -Yes, yes. My colleague travels from South Hampton to Paris. -Do you fly a lot

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街中级英语

try plus an infinitive, that is, to plus a verb, such as try to learn try to open try to read means to make an effort to do it. try plus a gerund, that is, verb-ing, such as try opening, try turning on, try giving means to experiment with a new or di

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 手把手教你学口语

An Important Aspect of College Life It is perfectly possible to organize the life of our colleges in such a way that students and teachers alike will take part in it' in such a way that a perfectly natural daily intercourse will be established betwee

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

I dont really have a hero. There are many people I respect, but they are not really my hero. Some people choose very strange heroes. My friends have rock stars and football players as heroes. Of course, these people are very good at what they do, but

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-H

英语面试口语对话:你认为自己是什么性格的人? (A=Applicant I=Interviewer) Dialogue 1 I:What kind of character do you think you have? A:Generally speaking,l am an open-minded person. I:What is your strongest trait? A:Cheer

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

Is it OK to split infinitives? 把不定式分开是否恰当? Most split infinitives follow this model an adverb is put between to and the verb. But you also get compound split infinitives where more than one word is put between to and the verb, for

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

Men and Women Really Do Think Differently From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report. Raise your hand if this story sounds familiar. A man enters a store to buy milk. He walks out of the store with milk. That is all -- milk. At the same tim

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

模仿文本: And for Fitzgerald himself while a huge literary success during the roaring 20s, which is chronicled from the inside fell quickly out of fashion. He earned only two dollars and ten cents in royalties in 1940, the year he died. But 70

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

今天我们要学的词是specifics。 Specifics, 具体内容。美国亚利桑那州图森市枪击事件两个月后,奥巴马呼吁重新讨论有关枪支管制的立法。 President Obama didn't offer any specifics, but anticipated political

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

When I was younger I was in an organisation called the guides. Guides are girls who are between 10 and 14 who get together once a week to do things like have competions and play games and go camping and generally just have fun together. I really enjo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

今天我们要学的词是side effect。 Side effect, 副作用。一项最近民调显示,Most Americans want health reform but fear its potential side effects, 大多数美国人都希望看到医疗改革,但是又担心改革可能带来的副

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

第九法、人有多大胆,英语多大产 眼见英语越来越熟练,周奔驰居然想用英语向女孩发出邀请,人有多大胆,英语多大产,没想到,这一招居然比周奔驰

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

One of the most common requirements of business English is holding meetings in English. The following sections provide useful language and phrases for conducting meetings and making contributions to a meeting. Meetings generally follow a more or less

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Although Apple's current-gen versions of its signature iPhone line -- the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus -- continue to rack up sales to the tune of nearly 140 million units over the past two fiscal quarters, that doesn't mean that Apple's not working on

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1.What are the accesses of the job ads? 怎样查询到招聘启事呢? 2.Where did you get the information of our employment? 你是从哪里看到我们的招聘信息的? 3.Generally speaking, a job advertisement includes the company, the job

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(180) / 评论(0) 分类 面试口语脱口而出