An Important Aspect of College Life It is perfectly possible to organize the life of our colleges in such a way that students and teachers alike will take part in it; in such a way that a perfectly natural daily intercourse will be established betwee

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

Cloud crossing Victoria and southern New South Wales is producing squally showers and storms. A weak trough extending through the Northern Territory in Queensland may cause rain over the tropics and a high in the west is keeping much of WA and the in

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

Economics Report - A Big Ruling for Wal-Mart in Sex-Discrimination Case 经济报道 - 沃尔玛逃过大规模性别歧视集体诉讼 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 In the American

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Thank you for taking 10 minutes for commerical free current events, I'm Carl Azuz. First up, jobs in the US, the governmenr's monthly unemployment report came out last Friday, it's significant for a couple of reasons, it's one indication of how the U

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2014年(十)月

听力文本: Track two Denmark do you speak Danish? I do That would not be a terribly great asset in being around the world No, not at all and only if you want to go to Denmark I have only lived there for a couple of years Good to know the languag

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Unit 21 Features of American Campus Life (II) -- Limited Role of Gifts Americans give gifts mainly to relatives and close friends. Sometimes they give gifts to people with whom they have casual but friendly relationship, such as hosts or hostesses. G

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

One of the ways in which my family and I relax during the evening is watching movies. It is more an occasional treat than a daily activity. Life in a big family is very busy, and often there is very little time to sit down, let alone to watch a film.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

The upcoming elections. Advanced. With the upcoming elections just around the corner, the United States is abuzz with discussions, arguments, accusations, and predictions. I think that it is actually a good thing. Whenever people get together and air

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Todd: Mike, we're talking about diabetes. Often I hear about diabetes Type 1 and diabetes Type 2. What's the difference? Mike: That's right, Todd. There are two types of diabetes. There is. There's two types. There's Type 1 diabetes and there's Type

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Dee Dee Myers was the first woman - and one of the youngest - White House press secretaries. Now, more than a decade after her service in the Clinton Administration, Myers is focused on empowering women in the U.S. and worldwide. White House yearsNev

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

Global Infertility Rates Generally Hold Steady The World Health Organization says infertility rates around the world have remained relatively stable since 1990. Almost 50 million couples worldwide were unable to have a child after five years of tryin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

Lets take a look at the satellite image. A trough extending from southern Western Australia to South Australia is producing isolated light showers. This trough is associated with a front moving across the bite which is causing showers and winds about

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

Taking a look at the satellite image: The cold front moving over the southwest parts of Western Australia is producing showers and gusty winds. A moist southerly flow moving eastern parts of New South Wales is producing isolated showers. Skies remain

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

Lets take a look at the satellite image. A slow moving trough in the east is triggering showers and thunderstorms in Queensland. An isolated shower is in northeastern New South Wales. A trough and broad ridge of low pressure in the west is triggering

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

What an important place the kitchen is. Two weeks ago we covered some of the basic areas of the kitchen; do you remember them? Where do we store the cups and plates? The cabinets of course. And, what would we use if we wanted to make a milkshake? A b

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Nico Colombant Dakar 16 January 2007 One year into the term of Liberia's post-war President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, many foreign analysts and aid workers are joining Liberians in giving her good marks for a job well done. But they also point to se

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

Todd: Ah, so, Ruth, we are both teachers Ruth: That's right Todd: And we have students and we teach our students English, and English is not their first language, what do you do in class when students do not speak English? When they speak their own l

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

今天我们要学的词是specifics。 Specifics, 具体内容。美国亚利桑那州图森市枪击事件两个月后,奥巴马呼吁重新讨论有关枪支管制的立法。 President Obama didn't offer any specifics, but anticipated political

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Pick the event cloud thick across the central part of the continent. It chips that break up with the move through the weekend particularly through the west Australia or through the south Australia Northwest cold season heavy falls. A few showers with

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

Who is it? It's me, Nick. Oh, Nick! Long time no see. Come on in. Nice to meet you again. Same here. Here's some flowers for you. Thank you! You really gave me a surprise by a sudden visit. What do you do now? Uh, I'm running an internet company. How

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句