发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语1+1

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. The United States Constitution guarantees freedoms such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion. The Bill of Rights in the Constitut

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Anna: Hello I'm Anna Jones and this is Entertainment. And today we're going hear what some people are saying about the recently released film of the bestselling novel 'The Da Vinci Code.' Now the film has caused quite a lot of controversy if somethi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Our story today is called Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We will tell the story in two parts. Here is Kay Gallant with the first part of our story. (MUSIC) KAY GALLANT: Many years ago, a young man named Giovanni Guascont

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

More than 1,500 costumed interpreters and re-enactors roam the streets of colonial Williamsburg every day. Colonial Williamsburg, in the eastern U.S. state of Virginia, is an open-air living museum, populated by historical re-enactors, also called in

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Paul, this is John. John, this is Paul. 1. Have you met Paul? No, I haven't. Paul, this is John. John, this is Paul. 2. Have you two met each other? Have you two met each other? No, we haven't. Anne, this is Marie. Marie, Anne. Have you two met each

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

1. circumference /səˈkʌmfərəns/ -- distance around a circle or rounded body; perimeter The circumference of a circle equals times the diameter. 圆周长等于与直径的乘积。 2. circumlocution /ˌsɜ:kəmləʊˈkju:ʃən/ -- roundabout way

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is when plurals have no singular. A listener named Brent called in with this question: I have a question: how come pants, trousers, slacks, corduroys are all plurals even though there is only one of them? Guest writer

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is when plurals have no singular. A listener named Brent called in with this question: I have a question: how come pants, trousers, slacks, corduroys are all plurals even though there is only one of them? Guest writer

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Jerilyn Watson EDUCATION REPORT –August 22, 2002: Special Education This is the VOA Special English Education Report. More than six-million American students have physical or mental problems. The

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Its tough for me to make a move And I know what I gotta do Cause I got everything to prove I got a plan Im sticking to The word is that Im over doubt But I dont let it get me down I aint nobodys push around If they could only see me now Theres only o

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

SHEP ONEAL: Now, the Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) Today, we complete the story Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Kay Gallant with the second and final part of Rappaccinis Daughter. (MUSIC) KAY

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Economics Report - Using the Internet and Social Media to Search for a Job This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. The job market is more competitive than ever for millions of workers around the world. In America, one reason right now is th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. The Intel Science Talent Search is the top science competition for high school students in the United States. The forty finalists were honored in Washington last week. They met with scientists and pol

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AMERICAN STORIES - 'Rappaccini's Daughter' by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Part 1 SHEP ONEAL: Now, the Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We will tell the story in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

EXPLORATIONS - Will Physicists Have to Rewrite The Special Theory of Relativity? DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to EXPLORATIONS, in VOA Special English. Im Doug Johnson. This week, we hear about developments in physics that, if proven correct, could have scie

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

BBC Learning English Weekender My Job Special Yvonne:Hello, Im Yvonne Archer and this is Weekender from bbclearningenglish.com! In todays programme, a My Job special as we hear about the work of a young woman named Sarah Niles. As you listen, try to

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 Weekender

Gucci is shedding all signs of Frida Giannini, a process thats been sped up thanks to this epic Gucci sale happening in China. 古奇正在清理所有弗里达贾娜妮设计的款型,多亏了这次在中国具有史诗般意义的促销,清理库

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The new movie 'Social Network' -- due to hit theaters in coming weeks -- may inspire some college students to attempt to emulate the film's hero, Facebook Inc. founder Mark Zuckerberg. But the reality is that many young entrepreneurs find their tende

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Todd: Alexandra, you were saying that you can cook Cuban food. Alexandra: Yes, yes. It's very good stuff, and I've got one recipe that comes to mind that has to do with chicken and rice. You can take several pieces of chicken and boil them in water w

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个