第13单元 六年级的自然科学课 Six grade science teacher Mr. Sampson asks his class: 六年级的自然科学老师桑普森先生问班上同学: Who can tell me which organ of the human body expands to 10 times its usual size whenstimula

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have created what could be a breakthrough in providing clean, alternative energy. Researchers have invented an artificial leaf that splits water into hydrogen and oxygen and stores the ene

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语

AMERICAN STORIES - Rappaccini's Daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Part 2 Now, the Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. Today, we complete the story Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Kay Gallant with the second

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS - The Social Progress Index Welcome to AS IT IS from VOA Learning English. Im Mario Ritter. Today, we hear about a different way to measure economic growth, the Social Progress Index. We also hear from the author of a book about institution

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Volunteers Keep Hands-On Science Alive in US Classrooms When it comes to making science fun, Lisa Purcell is a pro. Mimicking an owl or a foraging squirrel is all in a day's work for the director of the Four Winds Nature Institute. On this particular

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Specific times Question When do you . . . (present tense) I usually/always . . . in the evening at 9:00 on Mondays before dinner after I eat lunch when I get home When did you... (past tense) I (past tense) last night before class while I was eating

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

The Financial Times (FT) is a respected British newspaper reporting on international business. It was founded in 1888 by James Sheridan to provide news to financiers. In 1957, it was bought by the publishing company Pearson. It is published every mor

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Las Belle Dame Sans Merci O WHAT can ail thee, knight-at-arms, Alone and palely loitering? The sedge is witherd from the lake, And no birds sing. O what can ail thee, knight-at-arms, So haggard and so woe-begone? The squirrels granary is full, And th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

英语作文 Direction:For this part,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition in three paragraphs.You are given the first sentence of the three paragrapgs.Your part of the composition should be no less than 100 words,not including the words giv

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

I will never find another lover sweeter than you, sweeter than you And I will never find another lover more precious than you, more precious than you Girl you are close to me you're like my mother, Close to me you're like my father, Close to me you'r

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英语爱情歌曲

I remember when I remember 我永远都记得 I remember when I lost my mind 当我发疯了的那天 There was something so pleasant about that phase 你我曾经有一段美好愉快的时光 Even your emotions had an echo 我都能听到你的回声

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

The U.S. Army general nominated to be commander of American and NATO forces in Afghanistan says the conflict is winnable, but foreign forces need to be careful about how they go about defeating the Taliban. Lt. Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, testifies

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

Science: 2011 Breakthrough of the Year The journal Science has named an AIDS study as its 2011 Breakthrough of the Year. The clinical trial found that antiretroviral drugs can be used to dramatically lower the risk of transmitting HIV. The clinical t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

People from Latin America, Asia trafficked to the US for sex, labor Elizabeth Lee | Washington, DC 24 May 2010 A study by The Human Smuggling and Trafficking Center finds nearly 83 percent of suspected human trafficking incidents involve the sex trad

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

By Greg Flakus New Orleans, LA 03 February 2006 watch New Orleans Jazz report New Orleans is known around the world as a birthplace of jazz. Hurricane Katrina scattered many of the city's musicians an

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Sonja Pace Washington 09 March 2006 Saudi Arabia's oil minister says his country is stepping up security around its petroleum installations, following last month's foiled terrorist attack. In Washi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

By Elizabeth Carlassare. Todays topic is achieving your financial goals. The beginning of a new year is an excellent time to set goals, including your financial goals. Did you know that the vast majority of people have no written goals? Now, who do y

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

By David Gollust State Department 05 June 2008 The United States is expressing outrage over an incident Thursday in which Zimbabwean security forces detained U.S. and British diplomats trying to visit victims of political violence. Secretary of Stat

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

今天我们要学的词是special interest。 Special interest, 特殊利益集团,特别是指通过影响政策或立法来谋取私利的团体。 U.S. Treasury Secretary Geithner unveiled new rules to limit special interest influence over the

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Deafness 'Cure' is a Goal for Science The New York Academy of Medicine recently (October 3) hosted a research summit sponsored by the Hearing Health Foundation to promote a cure for deafness caused by damaged hair cells in the ear. An estimated 37 mi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)