With the development of science, human life has changed tremendously. People living in the 18th or 19th centuries would never imagine the advanced household appliances we are now able to enjoy. Every aspect of our lives for instance, in the field of

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

Technology Report - Social Innovation Summit 2012 Comes to an End From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report in Special English. More than 700 business leaders, government officials, investors and other people gathered last week in Moun

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

1. This is my friend, Jack. Hi Jack. I'm Linda my brother, Bob. my sister, Cindy. my father, Mr. Harris. my mother, Mrs. Harris. my teacher, Ms. Watson. my student, Carrie. my friend, Mary Jones. my boss, Mr. Ritter. my co-worker, Penny Pitcher. 2. N

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

Special English - How to Win a Debate, Presidential or Otherwise President Obama and former governor Mitt Romney have teams of advisors and aides to help them prepare for their three debates. But what about the rest of us who would like some help win

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Survey: Social Media Users are Happier, More Engaged We call interactive communications tools such as Twitter and Facebook social media. But lots of commentators have asserted that using them heavily makes people less sociable, if not downright anti-

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

This week, the leaders of both main political parties gave their plans if they win the election later this year. John Key, the leader of the Opposition (the National Party) talked about young people and crime. The Prime Minister, Helen Clark, talked

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Charles is a lonely young man and Amy is a crippled girl on a wheelchair. They meet, get to know each other and begin going out together. Charles falls in love with Amy and hopes to be the only chairpusher in her life. But Amy prefers independence t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

By Penelope Poulou Washington, DC 19 May 2006 watch Da Vinci Code report Ron Howard's movie 'The Da Vinci Code’ has premiered to a flurry of reactions by the mainstream Christian community -- perhap

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

Science in the News Aspirin From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. I'm Mario Ritter. And I'm Avi Arditti. Today, we tell the story of aspirin. People have known since ancient times that aspirin helps to reduce pain and high body temp

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

New Orleans, Havre de Grace: American Places That Hold Special Memories Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. Some places can create strong memories. We often clearly remember important events in our lives and link them wit

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 Egypt's government faced international criticism when it blocked Internet service to try to suppress the uprising there. But Egyptian activists found

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Education Report - A Living Science Exhibit Grows at a Museum This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Outdoors, in the open air, seems like a natural place to study natural science. It also makes sense in a place like Southern California wh

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 30 August 2006 watch Touchable Science report Glenn Mills is part teacher, part scientist, and part inventor. We think you'll enjoy what he calls his touchable science. Inventor Glenn Mills Meet Glenn Mills. For nearly 5

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

By Cathy Majtenyi Nairobi 27 April 2006 Eritrea's presidential spokesman says his country is pursuing a long-term food security strategy that largely shuns foreign food aid as a way of making the coun

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

Haiti's First Lady Champions Social Causes Sophia Martelly, the wife of Haiti's new president, Michel Martelly, is juggling the care of four children and a change of lifestyle from when she was simply the wife of a popular musician, her husband's pre

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Doctors Achieve Milestone Using Artificial Heart With No Beat In March, two doctors at the Texas Heart Institute in Houston achieved what medical experts call a major milestone by implanting a continuous-flow artificial heart in a human patient. The

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

Beirut Walls Become Forum for Social, Political Messages Barely a wall in Beirut is untouched. From murals to political messages to advertisements, the walls are serving as a place for public dialogue and political debate. Whether it's a message agai

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

By Naomi Schwarz Dakar 15 May 2007 France's president-elect, Nicolas Sarkozy, will be inaugurated on Wednesday. Some West Africans, uneasy over Sarkozy's campaign statements on immigration and the status of immigrants, say they worry about their coun

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Keren Annlai来自法国,一个是拥有多民族血统的混血女创作人, 有名的Vocal pop歌手,而Bradi Johannsson则是冰岛Trip-hop乐队Bang Gang的主唱。 Suicide Is Painless 自杀是没有痛苦的 Through early morning fog I s

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

As long as stars shine down from heaven 只要星星还在天国闪烁 And the rivers run into the sea 只要江河还汇入大海 Til the end of time forever 直到时间的尽头 You are the only love I'll need 你就是我唯一的爱 In my life y

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲