OFFICER: May I see your passport please? CHARLES: Here is my passport. And this is the declaration form. OFFICER: What is the purpose of your visit to the United States? CHARLES: Business. I have a trade convention I'm attending in Chicago. OFFICER:

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(215) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语

Almost any picture you see of a koala, they are hugging a tree. Its their classic pose. But did you know there was a reason for it? Well, researchers at the University of Melbourne in Australia have discovered why they do it. According to the scienti

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

(结束篇) Amber goes to a department store to buy some empty videotape cartridges. She has become enthralled by a TV program called 'Cops', and is recording every episode. She also wants to chec

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

1. Although President Barack Obama is asking his national security team to consider less intrusive airport screenings, travelers may not be seeing changes anytime soon. The head of the agency responsible for airport security says the terror threat le

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十一月)

And the implications of this -- there are many, 这其中蕴含的--有很多意义 but one I just want to point out, is that there must be amazing feedback loops. 但是我想指出的其中的一个,就是这个过程中必定包涵了一个惊人的

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

雅思听力场景词汇--社会事件 雅思听力中经常会考到一些社会事件,比如说会议、展览、节日等。在这个场景中,有哪些高频词汇呢?和小编一起来看看吧! Events: Convention, exhibition, conference, fe

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

Dodging fate and a date with the slaughterhouse. From San Antonio, a reluctant bull tops our look Across Country this morning. Check out the showdown. Late last week near a local meat packing company, which is probably the big reason why the bull wou

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(十二)月

伊士曼柯达公司在影像拍摄、分享、输出和显示领域一直处于世界领先地位,一百多年来帮助无数的人们留住美好回忆、交流重要信息以及享受娱乐时光。 Eastman Kodak Company is a multinational US c

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名牌博览

Cameras in Istanbul Taxis Causing Concerns Cameras are being put in taxis in Turkey's largest city, Istanbul. Turkish officials say the cameras will provide security for taxi drivers and their passengers. But some people fear the devices are part of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

One of the most popular tools on Apple's new iPhone X is its facial recognition system. This latest iPhone gives users the power to open the device just by looking at it. The smartphone has performed well in tests set up to trick it into opening for

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mursky. Got a minute? Cameras that catch drivers who blow through red lights are there to improve safety by discouraging light-running. But such cameras actually increase the likelihood of car

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

音乐咖啡厅:Fady Maalouf - Opening night 相关介绍:红翻全球的话题性Pop Idol系列歌唱比赛之第五届德国版Deutschland sucht den Superstar亚军得主Fady Maalouf,今年刚满29岁生日,生于战火不断的黎巴嫩,为了

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Travel Etiquette出行礼仪 Norway 挪威 Don't stare at naked people: People are pretty relaxed about nudity, and both men and women will for example change on public beaches without any attempt at covering themselves up. You are however expected t

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

EXPLORATIONS - Getting a Good Look: Learning About Mars From the Ground UpBy Mario Ritter Broadcast: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Mars Spirit Rover And I'm Barba

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

1. Get the gear 1.带好装备 Working with a lightweight, high quality camera is the best investment for snap-happy travellers. Mirrorless cameras offer the same features as a digital SLR but without the extra weight and bulk. 对于爱拍照的游客

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

模仿句子:We start in Belgium in the end of a long search for the authorities there for nearly three weeks they have been trying to identify one of three people whose image was captured by CCTV cameras just moments before last month's bombings a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: The NPR News team traveled more than 2400 miles along the Mexican border from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific. Their route led through a zone that's under intense surveillance. NPR's Steve Inskeep got a chance to watch those who

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

I was administering his meds. He was babbling. 我在给他吃药,他在喃喃自语 His usual ranting, then he's ice cold. He overpowered me. 他惯例吼闹,然后突然不说话。一下子压制住我 He forced me to take him out through the

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

try out 测试一下(运转正常与否) She is trying out different cookie recipes. 她正在测试各种曲奇饼干的配方。 You're trying out for the cheerleading squad? 你要参加拉拉队员选拔大会? She tried out for the movie. 她

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

If you had been in Manchester one day last year, you might have seen a man taking down a road sign, and then carrying it away and putting it up again on a different road. What was going on? It happened like this. In Britain, if you are driving a car,

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语