S: is that your rabbit? A: yes, I just adopted her from the humane society this weekend. S: that's good for you. why did you decide to get a rabbit. A: well, i wanted to get a pet that wouldn't disturb the neighbors. at the same time, I wanted a pet

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

[00:06.24]You know, you dont need to hear this. 嗯我觉得你不用在乎这个 [00:07.28]- What is it? - Okay. -是什么? -好吧 [00:09.60]As a last resort, assume a cannonball position 最后一招,维持加农炮姿势 [00:12.96]covering your

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-蒸发的摩根夫妇

With Admiral Byrd in Little America 与海军上将伯德同游小亚美利加 Coram Foster 作者:克拉姆.福斯特 At the bottom of the world, in the South Polar Regions, Admiral Byrd and his men lived for fourteen months 在世界的底端,也

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

南非婴儿箱挽救弃婴生命 Every day, three babies, on average, are abandoned in Johannesburg alone. They are thrown into dumpsters and left for dead - often by desperate mothers who can't afford to raise them. Now, a local NGO called Door of

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年4月

A: Good evening, sir, and welcome to Chez Attitude. B: We have a dinner reservation for four at 7:00 under the name of Foster. A: Yes, Mr. Foster, if you would please be seated over in the waiting area, our hostess will be with you in a moment. B: Th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 食物-Food

Steve Jobs has been called a revolutionary. 史蒂夫乔布斯被称为革命先驱 He changed the computer industry, 他改变了电脑行业 the movie industry, the music industry 电影行业、音乐行业 and the mobile phone industry. 和流动电

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

A stray dog from the radio station 一只电台流浪狗的故事 Xiao Gao, I've got some great news. The stray dog near our radio station was finally adopted by a kind-hearted person. 京晶:小高,告诉你一个好消息,咱们电台的流浪狗

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

grandmother 姥姥,奶奶 grandfather 姥爷,爷爷 cousin 表哥,表姐,堂哥,堂姐 如果我有同父异母,或者是同母异父的兄弟姐妹,他们就叫做我的:Half-sister/half-brother 如果我有一个后妈,她自己带来

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

So let your heart break. 让自己沉浸于心碎 It will change what you do with your optimism. 这会改变你们对乐观的理解 On a trip to South Asia, 有一次去南亚 I met a desperately poor Indian woman who had two children 我碰到了一

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Little Girl Tells the World That Down Syndrome Isn't Scary 这个小女孩告诉世界,唐氏综合征没那么可怕 8-year-old Sofia Sanchez is showing the world that Down syndrome isn't something to be afraid of. 8岁的Sofia Sanchez正身体力行

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Larry到李华住的地方,去看她新领养的猫咪小雪球。今天李华会学到两个常用语:mental和pro. LL: Snowball is adorable! She's so little and fluffy! LH: 就是啊,我的猫咪

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

AS IT IS 2015-08-17 Group Seeks Adoptive Families for Kenyan Children 收养机构为肯尼亚孩子寻找领养家庭 A 2007 study estimated there were at least 250,000 children living and working in the streets of Kenya. More than 60,000 of them ar

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

A: Hello, this is Shogun Restaurant. B: Hello, I need to make a dinner reservation. A: Can you tell me what night you will be coming? B: We will be coming to your restaurant on Tuesday night. A: What time will you be dining with us? B: Our first choi

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

今天我们要学的词是limbo。 Limbo, 是指不确定的状态。纽约州长施皮策的召妓丑闻爆发后,大家都在观望,看他是否会辞职。与此同时,The questions about Spitzer's future put the state in limbo, 施皮策的去

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

An only child, a perfectly ordinary little girl in rural Wisconsin, I wanted sisters more than anything. When I turned seven, my parents made a decision that delighted me beyond measure: they chose to adopt. 小时候我是家里的独生女,是威斯

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A bill that bans foreign same sex couples to adopt Russian children has passed the final reading in Moscow and residents there seem to uphold the decision. In my opinion, it is not normal, immoral from the moral side even. Well, if it is just women,

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Daniel: Whatdid she ever do to you? Victoria: You must be talking aboutEmily. Daniel: Yousent the police to her house. Victoria: It was amisunderstanding. I merely answered the questions, and they followed up. Nobodybelieves that Emily murdered Frank

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Ryan Reynolds gets a chuckle over tabloid reports about his personal life。 Ninety-nine point nine percent of it is just absurd, the Buried star, 33, says in the October issue of GQ。 三十三岁的瑞安雷诺兹与娇妻斯嘉丽约翰逊是一对

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是jam。 Jam, 大家都知道,Traffic jam,是堵车的意思。I was caught in a traffic jam, 意思是我正好赶上塞车。Jam还有困境的意思,就好像是被卡在那里,进退两难。I am in a bit of a finan

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

He later claimed it was mainly out of curiosity. 后来他说这主要是出于好奇心: I believe in environment more than heredity in determining your traits, 我相信环境比遗传对你的影响更大, but still you have to wonder a little

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传