Scientists Will Test New Drugs on Artificial Micro-Organs 科学家将在人工微型器官上测验新药物 Testing new drugs on lab animals is not the same as testing them on the species they are intended for. But in early stages of research, test

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

Artists and rights activists are pushing the Cuban government to change a law that they fear will hurt creativity and increase censorship. The law is to take effect next month. It bars artists and musicians from providing their services in any place

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

伊朗核协议将带来新关切 International officials involved in negotiating the preliminary agreement with Iran on its nuclear program say it is the first step toward guaranteeing that Iran is nuclear weapons-free thus making the world a safer

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年11月

新研究揭示早产迹象 New information may someday help prevent preterm births, the world's number one killer of young children. 早产是全球幼儿的头号杀手。但是,一项新的研究可能帮助更多的婴儿足月出生。 More ba

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年11月

15 New Dentures 第十五章 新假牙 I know that you'll be happy with your new dentures. They look very natural. 我想你会喜欢你的新假牙的,看起来像真的一样, They look like your natural teeth. 就像你原来的真牙一样。

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

Tim / United States speaker I think the Olympics focus a little too much on physical strength and prowess, so I would like to see something that is more skilled-base. So, if you could have a type of craft that people would work on, so have competitiv

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Concert Truck Transports Classical Music to New Audiences Classical music is sometimes thought of as high art, performed in beautiful music centers to serious and wealthy crowds, wearing fine clothes. But two young musicians are working hard to make

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Russia Condemns New US Sanctions as Unlawful The Russian government has criticized the United States for ordering new sanctions against Russia. The government said Thursday it has begun working on ways to answer the measures. U.S. officials say the o

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Full Classic Novels Have Arrived on Instagram Instagram is a hugely popular way for users to share pictures, videos and messages with family and friends. Instagram是一种非常受欢迎的娱乐方式,用户可以与亲友分享照片、视频以及

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

US Lawmakers Begin Hearing on New Supreme Court Candidate United States lawmakers began a hearing today on a new candidate for the Supreme Court. President Donald Trump has nominated Brett Kavanaugh to replace Anthony Kennedy, who retired earlier thi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

New Statue of Liberty Museum Honors the Immigrant Experience A new 2,400 square-meter museum is set to open on New York States Liberty Island next year. The museum celebrates the world famous Statue of Liberty. The statue was a gift from the people o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Officials: Number of New Ebola Cases in W. Africa Declining 官员表示西非新埃博拉病例数量下降 WASHINGTON The good news from West Africa began trickling in last week. 上周从西非传来了好消息。 The Ebola coordinator at the Gui

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十一月)

A new neighbor moved in. Will the new neighbor be quiet, Liz wondered. The new neighbor wasn't quiet. The new neighbor was loud. He played his TV loud. He played his music loud. He talked on the phone loud. Loud, loud, loud! He slammed the door when

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

More and more of what you use your computer for is actually happening in the cloud. So, since people are rethinking the way they do things, we rethought the computer as the Chromebook. The always new computer. Chromebook doesn't slow down or need upg

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

乌克兰伊拉克冲突使北约获得新生机 The role of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO] in the 21st century is in sharp focus now with the conflicts underway on the bloc's eastern and southern borders. The alliance born at the outs

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年6月

Oh those, gray days of Winter 噢!那些,冬日银白色的日子 Used to build a fire 曾经(被我们)用来生火 I hold you in my arms 我用双手抱住你 Cover you in my desires 用我的欲望将你团团围住 We plan the future 我们计划我

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

The Conservative party won 306 seats while Labour and the Liberal Democrats got 258 and 57 seats respectively. This meant that the Liberal Democrats effectively became 'kingmakers', with the power to choose which rival to form a coalition with. Both

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

地点:巴巴多斯某酒店餐厅 人物:迈克,戴维,钱德勒 事件:得知菲比很有可能答应戴维的求婚,迈克赶去先下手为强。 Mike: I have a question I need to ask you. 迈克:我必须问你一句话。 David: I

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Todd: Do you have a good apartment in Japan? Ivan: Uh, I got one now. Yeah. It's a 2DK, 2DK. Todd: Yeah, what does 2DK mean? Ivan: Ah, it's smaller than the 2LDK, uh, it's got a kitchen and two rooms. Todd: Oh, really. Ivan: Yeah. 2LDK, maybe that it

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

本期内容: Scientist David Goodall, 104, has died after choosing to end his life at a clinic in Switzerland, a right-to-die organisation says. The lauded London-born ecologist and botanist, who was not terminally ill, said the decision had been

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读