New Bird Flu Strain Reaches Europe 欧洲发现新禽流感病毒 A new strain of bird flu known as H5N8 has been detected in Europe. The U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) says it poses a serious threat to poultry there. African countries

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十一月)

Is that Mrs. Brown? No, it isn't. It's Mrs. Bright. Is she English? No, she isn't. She is American. Is there any cream in the refrigerator? No. There isn't any, I'm afraid. Is there any milk, then? Yes, there is plenty of milk. Where does Pedro come

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

I think a doctor should be a friendly person. Yes. I agree. Would you like some more potatoes? I'm sorry I can't manage any more. Thank you. Would you like something to drink? Just coffee, please. Are you sure? Quite certain. Thank you. What are you

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Presenter: Now before the weather report, we have some road news for you from Philip Thomson. Philip Thomson: Yes, well, the A4l is still very busy at the Dome roundabout this morning. Harrow Road, the A404, Harrow Road is now flowing freely, no prob

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Dialogue 1: Passenger: West London Air Terminal, please. I have to be there by 11:10. Taxi Driver: I can't promise, but I'll do my best. Taxi Driver: You're just in time. Seventy pence, please. Passenger: Thanks a lot. Here's eighty pence. You can ke

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

(a) Tomatoes! Tomatoes! Forty p a pound. Yer lovely salad tomatoes today. Lots o'lovely mush. Fifty p half pound, and a punnet o'strawberries ... for one pound. (b) You have exactly three and a half hours before polling stations close. Three and a ha

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

1. Four, nine, seventy-seven Fourth of September, nineteen seventy-seven 2. Twenty-four, eight, sixty-three Twenty-fourth of August, nineteen sixty-three 3. Seven, seven forty-three Seventh of July, nineteen forty-three 1. Ten sixty-six 2. Seventeen

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Cigarette? No, thanks. Not before lunch. Please have one. It's a new brand. I honestly don't feel like one at the moment, thanks. I believe you take in foreign students. Yes, if you don't mind sharing. How much is it? Nine pounds per week including h

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Do you think you could stop whistling? I'm trying to write an essay. Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were in the other room. Is it alright if I leave my rucksack on the back seat? Yes, of course. Go ahead. And would you mind if I took off my shoes? My f

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

How shall I do it, sir? Just tidy it up a bit, please. Do you want some spray? No, nothing at all. Thank you very much. Is anybody looking after you? No. I'm after a size 40 V-neck pullover in grey. The best I can do is a 36. Could you order me one?

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Mr. Hanson: Could I have my bill, please? Waitress: Yes, sir. One moment, please. (She brings the bill and the customer looks at it carefully.) Mr. Hanson: Could you kindly explain this to me? What is item 6? Waitress: Perhaps I cou1d go through it f

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

今天毛拉和哈皮向我们介绍了一个新的主持人,他的名字叫安德鲁..... Maura: Today is a Chatterbox episode, and that is where we chat. And sometimes we interview people. Today were going to interview someone whos very important

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Older Athletes, Lower Fitness Age 新研究显示运动让你更年轻! Is there a way to turn back the clock on your age? A new study says yes. Exercise can make you younger. At least it can lower your fitness age that is the measure of how well you

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

New Lab to Test Energy-Saving Technologies 新实验室测试节能技术 Most of the electrical energy in the U.S. is consumed by buildings and the building sector has the fastest growing rate, but up to now the country did not have a facility for c

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

美国众议院选出新议长 This is not a job I ever wanted or I ever sought. He could be the first reluctant House speaker in modern American history. 这并非是我想要的工作,也不是我所追求的。瑞安将成为美国当代历史上第

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

洛杉矶硅滩成美国新创业中心 The company VNTANA from the Spanish word forwindow,is one of many tech start-ups near Los Angeles. 公司VNTANA的名字在西班牙语中是窗口的意思,而它是洛杉矶附近的许多科技创业公司中

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

Bribespot: Fighting Corruption in Thailand One Click at a Time 新应用程序帮助泰国打击腐败问题 BANGKOK Reporting corruption, at least unofficially, in Thailand is becoming easier with a new Thai version of an international smartphone ap

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

1. 企业会计准则基本准则 (Accounting Standard for Business Enterprises Basic Standard) 2. 企业会计准则第1 号存货 (Accounting Standard for Business Enterprises No. 1 Inventories) 3. 企业会计准则第2 号长期股权投资

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Every office has its own protocol for who is called by his or her first name and who is called by his or her title. New employees should follow suit, after listening carefully to how people are addressed. 对于男女同事的名称或职位的称呼,

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Today, we tell about an American farmer and an unusual device he developed. For 20 years, people around the world have been buying his invention. Blake Whisenant and his family are farmers. They

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习