Is that the Manager? Speaking. Can I be of any assistance? Could you speed up your switchboard a bit, please? I booked a call to Brussels a good twenty minutes ago and I haven't had a reply yet. Well, perhaps they are rather busy at this time of the

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 听力每日练习补充

Hello, I want a cab. OK. What address is it? 1120 East 32nd Street. Right. The cab will be there in a few minutes. Would you mind passing the salt, please? Certainly. What's your job? I'm an accountant. Oh! Do you enjoy it? No. I don't really like it

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

The Administration of President Donald Trump has ratcheted up pressure on North Korea, in a continuing effort to get the rogue country to abandon its illegal nuclear and missile programs, and to cease its support of terrorism. 特朗普政府加大了对

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(12月)

New Sanctions on North Korea U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin announced sweeping new sanctions against the authoritarian regime of North Korea. This action targets the deceptive shipping practices that have enabled the Kim regime to fund its dan

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(三月)

What are you going to do after this lesson? I'm probably going to have a cup of tea. What about you? Oh, I'm going to the post office. I see. Can you come and see me at nine o'clock? I'm afraid not. You see, I'm meeting Mr. Green at nine. I hear you

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

I'm going to clean the blackboard. But you can't do that. Why can't I? We haven't got a duster. Did you walk to the match? No. I went by car. Did John go by car, too? No. He cycled. Hello, and how did you spend the holiday? I played tennis till lunch

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Sophie: Here's some coffee. George: Oh, fantastic ... er ... is there any sugar? Sophie: Sugar ... yes, of course ... here you are. George: Thanks ... er ... Sophie: What's the matter now? These: Er ... are there any chocolate biscuits? Sophie: No, t

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Special announcement for Mr. Valans. Would Mr. Valans, passenger on Pan Am Flight Number 35212 to New York, please contact the Pan Am transfer desk immediately. Mr. Valans to contact the Pan Am transfer desk immediately, please. This is a security an

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

1. At the third stroke, the time sponsored by Accurist will be twelve one and fifty seconds. 2. The code for Didcot has been changed. Please dial 05938 and then the number. 3. In the train crash in India, three hundred and twenty-five people are fear

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Can I see Zulu on Sunday? I'm not sure. Do you like football? Yes, very much. Would you like to go to a match on the 18th of December? I'd like to see Coming Home at the Royal Theatre. What a good idea! Do you know what time it starts? I think it sta

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Excuse me, but could you tell me the way to the cinema, please? No, I'm sorry I can't. I'm a stranger in these parts. But why don't you ask that man with a beard? He'll be able to tell you, I'm sure. Which one do you mean? Look, the one over there, b

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

I want to fly to Geneva on or about the first. I'll just see what there is. I want to go economy, and I'd prefer the morning. Lufthansa Flight LH 203 leaves at 0920. What time do I have to be there? The coach leaves for the airport at 0815. You must

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Egypt's Proposed Constitution Stirs National Debate 埃及新宪法草案激起全国性辩论 CAIRO As Egypt works out a new draft constitution, a period of public debate ahead of a national referendum has begun. Political analysts are split on whet

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

新电视节目探索人类大脑 In the six-part program David Eagleman demonstrates how our brains create what we perceive as reality and how what we are is a construct within the brains circuitry that is never complete. 在这档六集系列节目中

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

New TV Program Explores the Human Brain 新电视节目探索人类的大脑 HOUSTON On October 14 the U.S. Public Broadcast Service, PBS, will begin airing a six-part series called The Brain with David Eagleman, in which the famed neuroscientist fro

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十月)

Why HIV Cure is Still Needed 为何仍需研发治疗艾滋病新药物 With the success of antiretroviral drugs in treating HIV/AIDS, many infected people are able to lead more normal lives. But treatment is not a cure. A renewed call for a cure was

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(七月)

她是谷歌的第20位员工,是谷歌历史上首位女性工程师;她在谷歌工作13年,推出100多款产品,并主持部分并购;她是沃尔玛董事会成员,是雅虎新任CEO。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

国籍歧视法给一些家庭带来的伤害 Around the world, some 12 million people are stateless. They are not recognized as citizens by any government and have no protection, no rights. Too frequently, this situation results from gender discrimi

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

对于备考新TOFEL考生来说,首先最大的挑战和最大的难点就是单词很难记,而且容易忘,由于记不住单词而英语学习效率非常低,学英语时间拖的就比较长,所以,学习一长就没有兴趣了;一准

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

喜欢苹果的朋友们,一定都经常使用emoji表情吧。毕竟,一个表情带给对方的亲和力,远远大于一个嗯。表情替我们避免了很多麻烦,也替我们照顾了对方的感情。尬聊不下去的时候,一个em

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语