New Drug Labels to Aid Pregnant, Nursing Women 新药物标签有助于孕妇和哺乳妇女 Women and doctors around the world soon will have clearer information on prescription medicines and how they impact fertility, a fetus and a baby that is nur

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十二月)

New Camera Records Invisible Motion 新相机记录看似无形的运动 The world around us is in constant motion, even objects that seem to be perfectly still. Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology use a special camera that offer

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(二月)

New Test Set to Be Game Changer in Eradicating Malaria 新测试将颠覆的改变根除疟疾方式 NAIROBI, KENYA The World Health Organization estimates 3.4 billion people are at risk of malaria, with children under the age of five and pregnant wo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(四月)

Good morning. Can I see Mr. Johnson, please? Have you an appointment? Yes, at half past ten. What's your name, please? McDonald, Jane McDonald. Ah, yes. Mr. Johnson's expecting you. This way, please. Mr. Johnson's room is on the next floor. What does

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Can I help you, sir? We want a meal. What sort of meal? A hot one or a cold one? A salad, I think. Which one, sir? A ham or a beef salad? What's this sort of salad in English? Which one are you looking at, sir? That one over there, next to the bread

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

What flights are there from London to Vienna tomorrow? If you'd like to take a seat, I'll find out for you. I'd like to travel first class, please. BEA Flight BE 502 takes off from Heathrow at 0925, and flies direct. What time have I got to get there

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力

Malians Hope for Fresh Start Ahead of Sunday Vote马里人希望选举带来新开始 为了选举出新的总统,马里的选民们在星期日参加了投票,这是西非国家恢复宪法秩序的关键的第一步。北部的冲突和军事政变

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

Looking for my book, that’s what you do when you write a book. I can’t find mine; all I can find are dirty novels, cookbooks and diet books. Year after year cook books and diet books are the bigge

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Ukraine, Iraq Conflicts Reinvigorate NATO Alliance LONDON The role of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO] in the 21st century is in sharp focus now with the conflicts underway on the bloc's eastern and southern borders. The alliance born at

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

非洲国家希望从美国新立法中受益 Exhibitors at the AGOA forum in the Gabonese capital, Libreville, are ready to take full advantage of exporting their products into the U.S. tax free. 出席加蓬首都利伯维尔《非洲增长与机会法

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

伊朗核协议未必能新商机创造机会 Suzanne DiMaggio Iran is a potential market of 80 million highly educated, sophisticated consumers ready for U.S. products and services. 苏亚尼达马乔表示伊朗是一个有着8000万名受过高等教

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

新激光技术或能更快治疗伤口且不留疤痕 For decades, doctors have known that cuts in living tissue can be welded together by heat. But keeping the temperature of the welding tool constant proved to be a daunting problem, according to A

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

Herman不喜欢他的名字,于是他让父母这样来称呼他 Herman didn't like his first name. He had never liked it. He wanted to change it. He asked his mother. She said it was too late to change his name. She said he could use his middle na

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Mark Smith needed to get a job. There was one problem. Mark was a bit lazy. He wanted to do something easy. I know! he said. I can be a waiter! I don't think that's the best job for you, said his mom. Why not? Mark replied. He thought the job looked

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

新风格民谣摇滚Stand《抗争》 Jewel(珠儿)出生于1974年5月23日,在美国阿拉斯加长大,她被赞誉为现今流行乐坛最有才华且最出色的歌手之一。至今,她在全球的唱片销售量高达2300万张。Jewel将

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

语言会随着人类的生活方式的改变不断的进化,网络时代,尤是如此。很多新词在不经意间就诞生了,纵然不少人会对它们嗤之以鼻,但不能否认的是,很多新词的使用人数和频率逐步增长,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Today, we tell about an American farmer and an unusual device he developed. For 20 years, people around the world have been buying his invention. Blake Whisenant and his family are farmers. They

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

After days of political horse-trading the UK finally has a new government and a new Prime Minister, following the resignation of Labour's Gordon Brown on Tuesday evening. Since last Thursday's general election resulted in a hung parliament, a situati

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

unit 7 请求引见新同事 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Will you introduce me to the new colleague? A:请帮我引见新来的同事好吗? B:Haven't you met yet? B:你们还没见过面吗? A:No, we haven't. A:嗯,没有。 B:l'II be glad t

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(293) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

There's an interesting illustration of this. 举一个有趣的例子。 I have to go slightly obscure, but really you should seek it out. 可能这个例子没那么直观,但是你应该可以理解。 There's a movie by the Canadian film directo

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(194) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇