第一句:Mr. Smith, how was your flight? 史密斯先生,旅程怎么样? A: Mr. Smith, how was your flight? 史密斯先生,旅程怎么样? B: Rather nice. 非常好。 A: What was the weather like in New York? 纽约的天气怎样? B

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Linked-In was in the news. The company's Initial Public Offering was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Lonny called his broker at 8:00. I want to buy Linked-In, he said. The pre-IPO price is $45. But the opening price might be up to 30 percent higher, right? H

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Joe's monthly phone-Internet-cable TV bill had risen from $90 to $160. He called Time-Warmer's Customers Rule! number. The rep said he could reduce Joe's bill to $110 a month. Joe called Horizon, Time-Warmer's rival. The rep said Horizon's Triple Pla

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

She came home. She was holding three plastic bags. They were full. He said, Honey, don't carry heavy bags. It's bad for your back. She said, The supermarket's only a block from my office. It's only a block from the subway station. So, I don't carry t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The little boy was upset. His mom asked why. He said kids at school were making fun of him. How do they make fun of you? You're a smart, handsome boy, she said. He said, They make fun of my name. She asked, How do they do that, Herman? You have a per

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

AS IT IS 2016-01-17 #New York Values 纽约的价值观 This is Whats Trending Today During Thursday nights Republican presidential debate, candidates Ted Cruz and Donald Trump argued about New York values. Cruz appealed to conservative Republican vo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

From there, to the modern ventriloquist's dummy, is but a brief moment in history. 从这个到现代的口技者的木偶,不是一段简短的历史。 You were late for school again this morning. 今天早上你上学又迟到了。 The ventrilo

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

The few surfaces not covered by signs are often clad in a distinctive, dark green-gray, striated aluminum siding. 这仅存的没有被商标遮盖的建筑,一般都被包裹在有特色的阴暗铝灰条纹的铝制外壁板之中。 Take-out san

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Linda was six years old. She was sitting in the back seat. Her dad was driving the car. Linda was sucking on a heart-shaped medal. The medal had hung on her necklace, but the necklace had broken. Suddenly, the medal slipped down her throat. It blocke

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

New York City, the big apple, the largest city in the United States. With the largest seaport on the East Coast of America and three major airports, New York is both the gateway to the Eastern United States and the home to over seven million people. 纽

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

Georgina洗心革面后又回到了纽约上流社会。Chuck和Nate因为同时爱上Blair而可能又要分道扬镳了。Serena和Gabriel的关系变得复杂,而Gabriel和Poppy的关系更是微妙。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 绯闻少女

Wenjian Liu, a son of Chinese migrants, was killed with his partner Rafael Ramos on 20 December by a gunman with a grievance against the police. 刘文建,华裔警察,去年12月20日和同事拉斐尔拉莫斯在布鲁克林巡逻警车中执勤时

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

He said, Boy, new TVs are so cool. Now we can stream Internet movies directly to our TVs. And next year, remotes will be obsolete. TVs will have voice control. We'll just say 'TV on' and 'TV off.' We won't have to push buttons anymore. We're definite

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The apartments in a new Manhattan building boast little balconies, tall ceilings, dishwashers and storage space. All in 360 square feet or less. 这是一栋位于曼哈顿的新建公寓楼,号称阳台小巧、垂直空间大,洗碗机、储藏室

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Carter Baizen带着Serena亲身父亲的秘密也回到了纽约。Serena要去布朗大学了。而Blair、Dan、Vanessa和Georgina都去了纽约大学。Nate去了哥伦比亚大学。Lily和Rufus的非婚子Scott不易察觉的到了纽约,和D

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 绯闻少女

Gold Lion Yeah Yeah Yeahs Gold lion's gonna tell me where the light is, Gold lion's gonna tell me where the light is, Take our hands out of control, Take our hands out of control Now, tell me what you saw, Tell me what you saw, There was a crowd of s

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Luke entered the classroom. He saw one empty desk. It was the last desk in the far row next to the wall. He walked over to it and sat down. An old man was sitting in front of him. The teacher started talking. Luke started taking notes. The old man mo

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Bob had had plenty of problems with his old computer. He said he'd buy the insurance. You probably want us to make recovery disks, too, said Joe. If anything goes wrong, you'll need them to restart your computer. The insurance doesn't include the dis

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Ivan was standing at the drugstore counter. Something struck his leg. It was one of the store's small plastic carts. It was empty. Someone had pushed it toward the counter. He was walking downstairs into the subway station. Three teenage girls were w

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

HARI SREENIVASAN: How is it possible that we're sitting in Times Square? What happened here that you made you think you could build this? JANETTE SADIK-KHAN: Well, Times Square had been a tangle of traffic for almost 200 years, since it was first cre

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列