Well, I admit there is enough truth in that critique to justify feeling disconnected and alienated. But at bottom, thats a personal cop-out and a national peril. Political conditions maximize the conditions for individual opportunity and responsibili

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

And so bring your values and experiences and insights into politics. Dare to help make, not just a difference in politics, but create a different politics. Some have called you the generation of choice. You've been raised with multiple choice tests,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

They lack the freedom to choose their lifes path. Theyre imprisoned by circumstances of poverty and ignorance, bigotry, disease, hunger, oppression and war. 他们没有选择人生道路的自由。他们被贫穷、无知、偏执、疾病、饥饿、

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I'm sure you'll receive good advice. You're got a great education to go back and reflect about what is right for you, but you eventually will have to choose and I hope that you will dare to compete. And by that I don't mean the kind of cutthroat comp

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

The world in which you, in time to come, will take the reins, cannot afford a return to 20th century struggles for hegemony. 即将到来的时代是你们掌控的时代,决不能退回到20世纪的霸权争夺中去。 The characteristic of this

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

A good test of a person is who turns up at their funeral and with what sincerity. Try not to sit the test too early, of course. 考验一个人是否可靠的方法是看他是否参加你的葬礼,在葬礼上是否虔诚。当然不要太早就考验

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

So to you as individuals, what wisdom, if any, have I learnt? 那么,你们作为个人,又学到了什么样的智慧呢? First, in fact, keep learning. Always be alive to the possibilities of the next experience, of thinking, doing and being.

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Now I know you Yale guys are smart. So what can I tell you that you don't already think you know? 我知道耶鲁学子充满了智慧,所以我能说的有哪些是你们认为自己不知道的呢? I can tell you something of the world as I see

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Today we do not seek to impose our vision on others, but we are convinced that certain rights are universalnot American rights or European rights or rights for developed nations, but the birthrights of people everywhere, now enshrined in the United N

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

From the windows of the White House, where I live in Washington, D.C., the monument to our first President, George Washington, dominates the skyline. It is a very tall obelisk. But very near this large monument there is a small stone which contains t

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

In the 21st century, your generation will have a remarkable opportunity to bring together the talents of our scientists, doctors, engineers into a shared quest for progress. Already the breakthroughs we have achieved in our areas of joint cooperation

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

If the nations of the world do not reduce the gases which are causing global warming, sometime in the next century there is a serious risk of dramatic changes in climate which will change the way we live and the way we work, which could literally bur

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

And from then on, I continued. My career took off, and everything that I wanted to do I accomplished. First it was to become a champion in bodybuilding. Later on I became a movie star, to do all the great movies, the Conan movies and the Terminator m

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Now, I also know that since the attack on our World Trade Centers it has become more and more difficult to go to the universities in America because you need to fill out all kinds of paperwork now and you have to get visas, and its very complicated,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

But within hours, and while she was still in the hospital, Monica developed a fever and pain caused by a fast-moving bacteria. She was dying, so they took some organs to save her, but the bacteria had spread, so the doctors came in and said to her, W

When I recently met with Shirley Temple Black, the great child star of the 1930s and 40s, we said nothing to each other at first, we simply cried together, for she could share a pain with me that only others like my close friends Elizabeth Taylor and

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. 最主要的是,要有跟着自己感觉和直觉走的勇气。无论如何,感觉和直

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

A lot of kids today are hurt puppies who have weaned themselves off the need for love. They couldn't care less about their parents. Left to their own devices, they cherish their independence. They have moved on and have left their parents behind. 如今

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy, where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells from the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Should the world's most privileged people learn about the lives of the world's least privileged? 世界上那些过着最优越生活的人们,是否应该对那些最困难的人们的境况有所了解? These are not rhetorical questionsyou wil