14.Loving and Hating New York Thomas Griffith 1 Those ad campaigns celebrating the Big Apple, those T-shirts with a heart design proclaiming I love New York, are signs, pathetic in their desperation, of how the mighty has fallen. New York City used t

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

必背句型: A:In some places,public prosecutors are elected rather than appointed. 在有些地方,检察官是经选举而非任命产生的。 B:But I think most are appointed. 但我觉得大部分是任命的。 I want to eat apple rather tha

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Fight Against Human Trafficking Starts at Local Level Every year, the United States Department of State issues the Trafficking in Persons Report, or TIP Report, which evaluates the anti-trafficking efforts of 187 countries and territories, including

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(七月)

迷你对话: A:Is this watch yours? 这是你的手表吗? B:No, it isn't mine. I blundered upon it under the sofa. Do youknow whose watch it is? 不,不是我的。我是在沙发下面捡到的。你知道是谁的吗? A:Let me have a look

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

A: I need to find somewhere to park. B: Off campus or on campus? A: I need to find a space on campus. B: Why don't you park in the parking structure for students? A:Where is the parking structure at? B: It's on the west side of the campus. A:Do you k

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 驾车-Driving

A: I would like to speak with the manager about some safety concerns. B: This is the manager. What can I do for you? A: I was parking my car last night in the garage area, and it was very dark out there. B: Is this the first time you noticed this? A:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

Samir, Sweden speaker In my country, in Sweden, of course, I'd have to say my home country, my home city Gothenburg. It's the West Coast, and it has the best beaches, and I think it's the best city because the people are all so polite, and they're no

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Anita, Taiwan speaker Am I happy where I live now? I'm really happy where I live now. It's because my apartment is big and it's new. It's very comfortable. I can do whatever I want. The neighborhoods are good the people around is good and it actually

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Adelina: We are sitting here together in Spain but you are far away from your home country. Are you often abroad? Chris: I'm actually all the time abroad, I'm living abroad. Adelina: Oh, so you live in Spain for how long? Chris: Yes, now I'm living i

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

What did you enjoy least about your last job? 在上一份工作中,你最不喜欢哪方面? I really enjoyed my job,so I can't think of much,except the commuting. 我真的很喜欢那份工作,除了通勤麻烦之外,我想不出还有什么

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

aunt系列: aunt作为词根想成“姑姑/阿姨” vaunt: 吹牛 [助记]v-一张大嘴。“姑姑张着一张大嘴坐在楼下吹牛” gaunt: 憔悴的 [助记]1g-鬼,“鬼姑姑的脸色

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

It was late and everyone had left the caf, except an old man who sat in the shadow the leaves of the tree made against the electric light. In the daytime the street was dusty, but at night the dew settled the dust and the old man liked to sit late be

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Travel makes you richer -even if it's not far from home. Opening your eyes to the world and all the wonders in it will enrich the quality of your life. 旅行会使你更富有,就算只是去附近的地方旅行。 放眼世界,世界的精彩会

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

How far do you suppose it is to Siberia from our country? 你猜从美国到西伯利亚有多远? how many miles away would you say? eight thousand?ten thousand miles? 你说有多少英里?8,000英里?10,000英里? As a matter of fact, it i

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

在仓木麻衣2004年发行的专辑中,最后一首收录了与孙燕姿合唱的,两位小天后合作的歌曲一句成为当年炙手可热的红曲,至今仍然是歌迷合唱、网络录音的最热选择。 伴奏: Close my eyes and f

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

歌词 I never thought I could get near the sun this close And not be burned My fear of running high upon the hills and fall Has disappeared I can put on my fake and almost real pair of wings And I can play with the wind and lay on it And just drift

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Reportedly, 80 percent of ocean plastic is coming from those countries that have extreme poverty. And if you live in the grips of poverty concerned, always, about food or shelter or a sense of security, recyclingit's beyond your realm of imagination.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

今天我们要学的词是 tax haven. Tax haven 避税地,避税港。EU members discussed plans for a tax haven blacklist after the release of the so-called Paradise Papers. 所谓的天堂文件公诸于众后,欧盟国家开会讨论,计划建

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I like him, man, he is nasty. He is one of the best player in the league 我喜欢这个家伙,他很强硬。他是这个联盟里最棒的球员之一 Home. Home is where my journey takes me 家。家是我的旅程开始的地方 I have been fel

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

Travel makesyouricher - evenif it'snot farfromhome. Openingyoureyesto theworld andallthewondersin it willenrichthequalityof yourlife. 旅行会使你更富有,就算只是去附近的地方旅行。 放眼世界,世界的精彩会让你的生活变

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力