Kavanaugh: 'Court Must Never Be Viewed as Partisan' The U.S. Supreme Court confirmation hearing of Brett Kavanaugh got off to a rocky start Tuesday, with demonstrators shouting against his appointment and minority Democrats losing a bid to delay the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(九月)

Nowruz is the name of the Iranian New Year and is also called the Persian New Year. It marks the first day of spring. Nowruz is usually celebrated on March 21, or the previous or following day. The exact day depends on the country celebrating it. It

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

You have demonstrated this through your work 你的工作便是最好的例证 and your focus on health, nutrition and the environment 你关注健康 营养和环境 You have mobilized the entire country and you've got us all moving 你鼓励全国民

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

And if you do all of this, then I am confident 我坚信 只要能够做到所有这些 that you will uphold that duty 你们必将履行好职责 and write your own chapter into the legacy of this great university 并在这所伟大学校的历史上写

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Start by volunteering at an after-school program 例如在课后项目中担任志愿者 or helping some high school kids fill out their college applications 或是帮助高中学生填报大学志愿 Show them the path that you took 跟他们展示你

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

It's the same hunger that gave life to this university 正是这份渴望让这所大学拥有了生命 the same hunger that defined so many of our parents and grandparents 正是这份渴望定义了我们的父辈和祖辈 including my own 包括我自

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

But that's still no excuse to stand on the sidelines 但这不能成为我们袖手旁观的借口 Because we know that today 因为我们知道 如今 education is still the key to real and lasting freedom 教育仍然是真正持久自由的关键

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Now, perhaps when you hear these statistics, you might think to yourself 听到这些统计数据 你也许会想 well, those numbers are terrible, but I'm not part of the problem 这些数字很糟糕 但我没有这方面的问题 And you might be

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

So, graduates 毕业生们 I hope that you understand that this day is not just the culmination of your own dreams 我希望你们理解 今天并不只是你们自己梦想的实现 but the realization of the dreams of so many who came before you 今天

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

He said and these are his words he said 我引用他的原话 他说 For twenty years I was a slave on these streets 我在这些街道上当了二十年奴隶 It was a penitentiary offense to educate a Negro 为黑人提供教育曾是应处监禁的罪

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

and you have become an indelible part of the history of this school 并让自己也成为了学校历史中不可抹去的一部分 a history that, as you all know, stretches back 大家都知道 整个历史可以一直 to well before the Civil War,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

To all those tests you crammed for 包括你们努力准备才通过的考试 to the plans you're making now for your careers 包括你们为自己未来作出的规划 to go on to graduate school 例如去读研究生 You all have seen so much 你们经

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

That's all I can say 这就是我想说的了 It's like you want to start something up in here, right 你们很期待接下来的内容 对吧 It's like, now we got a commencement going on up in here 这里 我们正在进行着毕业典礼 That was

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

First lady of the United States of America 美利坚合众国第一夫人 Mrs. Michelle Obama 米歇尔.奥巴马夫人 Oh, my goodness 哦 我的天啊 Good morning 早上好 I am so happy to be here with you all 我很高兴同大家一起聚到这里

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

AS IT IS 2015-12-05 San Bernardino Shootings, FIFA, and Loretta Lynch 圣贝纳迪诺枪击事件、国际足联和洛雷塔 This is What's Trending Today... #SanBernardino Social media remained intensely focused on yesterdays shootings in San Bernar

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-04 San Bernardino Shootings, FIFA, and Loretta Lynch 趋势:圣贝纳迪诺枪击事件、国际足联和洛雷塔 This is What's Trending Today... #SanBernardino Social media remained intensely focused on yesterdays shootings in San

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

TONINO TAKES HIS POTTERY TO THE FAIR 托尼诺带着陶器去集市 Helen Hill and Violet Maxwell 海伦希尔、维奥莱特麦克斯韦 Tonino and his sister, Nanou, lived in the little old town of Nouvilo in southeastern France. 托尼诺和他的妹

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

After that he and Mameto went to the booths, where one could buy nice presents. 之后,他和玛莫去摊位瞅了瞅,在那里可以买到漂亮的礼物。 It was hard to choose among so many beautiful things. 东西都很漂亮,很难决定买

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

When it was all counted and packed, the pottery-lady told Tonino to hold out his hand while she counted out the money to pay for it. 当一切都清点完毕并收拾好后,陶器店女士叫托尼诺伸出手来,她数出要付的钱。 Tonino h

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

Soon Tonino and Mameto heard a gay sound of music, and a minute later they were on the Grand Place of Vence, 不久托尼诺和玛莫听到了欢快的音乐,一分钟后他们到达旺斯大广场 which is about five times as big as the Grand Plac

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4