老友记精校版第1季 第1期:莫妮卡的新室友(1)
时间:2018-12-07 作者:英语课 分类:老友记精校版第1季
英语课
Monica: There's nothing to tell. It's just some guy I work with.
没什么可说的。只不过是我的同事而已。
Joey: C'mon, you're going out with the guy. There's gotta be something wrong with him!
少来了,你和那个人出去约会,他一定是有什么问题!
Chandler: All right, Joey. Be nice. So does he have a hump? A hump behind a hairpiece?
好啦,乔伊,嘴下留德。他驼背吗?假发后面的肿块?
Phoebe: Wait, does he eat chalk? 'cause I don't want her to go through what I went through with Carl oh!
慢着,他吃粉笔吗?我只是不想她重蹈我和卡尔的覆辙。喔!
Monica: Okay, everybody relax. Relax. This is not even a date. It's just two people going out to dinner and not having sex.
好吧,大家淡定。淡定。这甚至都不算是约会,我们只不过是出去吃晚餐,也不做爱。
Chandler: Sounds like a date to me.
听起来好像是说我的约会。
Chandler: Alright, so I'm back in high school, I'm standing 1 in the middle of the cafeteria, and I realize I am totally naked.
好啦,回到中学那个时候,我站在自助餐厅中央,突然发现自己全身赤裸。
All: Oh, yeah. I've had that dream.
哦,耶,做过那样的梦。
Chandler: Then I look down and I realize there is a phone...there.
然后我低头一看,发现有一支电话在那儿。
Joey: Instead of. Chandler: That's right!
而不是? 没错!
Joey: Never had that dream.Good night!
从没做过那样的梦。
Chandler: All of a sudden, the phone starts to ring.
突然,那个电话响起来了。
Chandler: Now I don't know what to do? Everybody starts looking at me.
然后我不知道该怎么办,大家都开始看着我。
Monica: They weren't looking at you before?
之前他们就没看着你?
Chandler: Finally, I figure I'd better answer it.
最后,我觉得应该接这个电话。
Chandler: And it turns out it's my mother. Which is very, very weird 2 because she never calls me.
结果是我妈妈(打来的)。这十分十分的奇怪,因为她从来不给我打电话。
Ross: Hi.
嗨。
Joey: This guy says, "Hello, " I wanna kill myself.
这家伙说句"你好",我都想自杀。
Monica: You okay? sweetie!
亲爱的你还好吧?
Ross: I just feel like someone reached down my throat, grabbed my small intestine 3 pulled it out of my mouth, and tied it around my neck.
我就感觉好像有人将手伸进我的喉咙,抓住我的小肠,从我的嘴里拉出来再缠在我的脖子上。
Chandler: Cookie?
要饼干吗?
Monica: Carol moved her stuff out today.
卡箩今天搬走了她的东西。
Monica: Let me get you some coffee. Thanks.
我给你弄杯咖啡。 谢谢
Ross: No, Oh! No don't! Stop cleansing 4 my aura. Just leave my aura alone, okay? Fine, be murky 5.
不,喔!不,不要!不要清理我的气息!离我的气息远点,好吗?好吧!继续抑郁吧!
Ross: I'll be fine, alright? Really, everyone. I hope she'll be happy.
我会没事的,好不好?真的,各位,我希望她会幸福。
Monica: No, you don't.
不,你并不希望。
Ross: No I don't, to hell with her, she left me!
不,我不会的,让她见鬼去吧,是她抛弃了我!
Joey: You never knew she was a lesbian?
你从来都不知道她是女同性恋?
Ross: No! Okay? Why does everyone keep fixating on that?
不知道!行了吧?为什么每个人总是揪着这点不放?
Ross: She didn't know. How should I know?
她都不知道,我又怎么会知道?
Chandler: Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian. Did I say that out loud?
有时候我希望我是女同性恋。我大声说出来啦?
Ross: I told Mom and Dad last night. They seemed to take it pretty well.
我昨晚告诉爸爸妈妈了,他们似乎很好地接受了。
Monica: Oh, really? So that hysterical 6 phone call I got from a woman sobbing 7 at 3:00 A.M. , "I'll never have grandchildren, I'll never have grandchildren." was what? A wrong number?
噢,真的吗?那我凌晨三点接到一个歇斯底里的女人打来的电话,她在电话中抽泣说"我不会有孙子了,我不会有孙子了 " 那是怎么回事?打错电话啦?
Ross: Sorry.
对不起。
Joey: Alright Ross, Look, you're feeling a lot of pain right now. You're angry. You're hurting.
没事的,罗斯。听着,你现在感到很痛苦,你很生气,你感到很受伤。
Joey: Can I tell you what the answer is? Strip joints 8!
我能告诉你答案是什么吗?脱衣舞俱乐部!
Joey: C'mon, you're single! Have some hormones 9.
拜托,你单身了,找点乐子吧!
Ross:Single, I don't want to be single, okay?
可我不想单身,好不好?
Ross: I just...I justI just want to be married again.
我只是我只是,我只是想再婚。
1 standing
n.持续,地位;adj.永久的,不动的,直立的,不流动的
- After the earthquake only a few houses were left standing.地震过后只有几幢房屋还立着。
- They're standing out against any change in the law.他们坚决反对对法律做任何修改。
2 weird
adj.古怪的,离奇的;怪诞的,神秘而可怕的
- From his weird behaviour,he seems a bit of an oddity.从他不寻常的行为看来,他好像有点怪。
- His weird clothes really gas me.他的怪衣裳简直笑死人。
3 intestine
adj.内部的;国内的;n.肠
- This vitamin is absorbed through the walls of the small intestine.这种维生素通过小肠壁被吸收。
- The service productivity is the function,including external efficiency,intestine efficiency and capacity efficiency.服务业的生产率是一个包含有外部效率、内部效率和能力效率的函数。
4 cleansing
adj.黑暗的,朦胧的;adv.阴暗地,混浊地;n.阴暗;昏暗
- She threw it into the river's murky depths.她把它扔进了混浊的河水深处。
- She had a decidedly murky past.她的历史背景令人捉摸不透。
5 hysterical
adj.情绪异常激动的,歇斯底里般的
- He is hysterical at the sight of the photo.他一看到那张照片就异常激动。
- His hysterical laughter made everybody stunned.他那歇斯底里的笑声使所有的人不知所措。
标签:
老友记