莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第106篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
(When) in the chronicle of wasted time 曾翻阅过远古史册的零篇残简,
I see descriptions of the fairest wights, 见往昔的美人留踪于字里行间,
And beauty making beautiful old rhyme 古谣之美在于它讴歌的便是美,
In praise of ladies dead and lovely knights 1, 绝色多情的佳人骑士都曾笔底生辉。
Then, in the blazon 2 of sweet beauty's best, Of hand, of foot, of lip, of eye, of brow, 镂句雕章,早写尽天姿国色,毫端翰墨临摹尽手足眼唇及双眉,
I see their antique pen would have express'd Even such a beauty as you master now. 如椽的画笔分明是想画出美妙之身,一如你今日展现的风采倾国倾城。
So all their praises are but prophecies 所以往古的一切赞词都无非是预言,
Of this our time, all you prefiguring; 预言我们这个时代,预言你的诞生。
And, for they look'd but with divining eyes, 因为古代诗人还只能想象你的风韵,
They had not skill enough your worth to sing: 要歌颂你的价值还缺乏足够的才情。
For we, which now behold 3 these present days, 即便是我们,今日有幸亲睹尊颜,
Have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise. 也只能望而兴叹,恨无妙语惊人。
骑士; (中古时代的)武士( knight的名词复数 ); 骑士; 爵士; (国际象棋中)马
- stories of knights and fair maidens 关于骑士和美女的故事
- He wove a fascinating tale of knights in shining armour. 他编了一个穿着明亮盔甲的骑士的迷人故事。
n.纹章,装饰;精确描绘;v.广布;宣布
- I believe Shakespeare wants to blazon forth a notion of disciplinary well-ordered and morality.我认为莎士比亚想宣扬一种有纪律有秩序有道德的社会主张。
标签: