莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第115篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
Those lines that I before have writ 1 do lie, 曾写过说我爱你到极点的诗行,
Even those that said I could not love you dearer: 我今儿却要宣布这些全都是谎。
Yet then my judgment 2 knew no reason why My most full flame should afterwards burn clearer. 可我那时的确说不出个道理,为什么日后我的情火会烧得更旺。
But reckoning time, whose million'd accidents 假如我当时想到有千百万次
Creep in 'twixt vows 3 and change decrees of kings, 时光会推翻盟誓,改变圣旨,
Tan sacred beauty, blunt the sharp'st intents, 使绝色美人变黑,挫败大略雄图,
Divert strong minds to the course of altering things; 壮志凌云终难改无常的时序——
Alas 4, why, fearing of time's tyranny, 唉,慑于时间的暴戾专横,
Might I not then say 'Now I love you best,' 我那时干吗不说“我现在最最爱你”,
When I was certain o'er incertainty, 既然我那时已觉胜券在握,
Crowning the present, doubting of the rest? 虽知来日不可追,毕竟可使今朝喜?
Love is a babe; then might I not say so, 爱是幼婴;那时我的话不可能这样,
To give full growth to that which still doth grow? 为的是那成长中的婴儿全面地成长。
n.命令状,书面命令
- This is a copy of a writ I received this morning.这是今早我收到的书面命令副本。
- You shouldn't treat the newspapers as if they were Holy Writ. 你不应该把报上说的话奉若神明。
n.审判;判断力,识别力,看法,意见
- The chairman flatters himself on his judgment of people.主席自认为他审视人比别人高明。
- He's a man of excellent judgment.他眼力过人。
誓言( vow的名词复数 ); 郑重宣布,许愿
- Matrimonial vows are to show the faithfulness of the new couple. 婚誓体现了新婚夫妇对婚姻的忠诚。
- The nun took strait vows. 那位修女立下严格的誓愿。
标签: