莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第119篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
What potions have I drunk of Siren tears, 曾喝过几多诱人入险境的泪珠,
Distill'd from limbecks foul 1 as hell within, 它们像是从地狱般的蒸锅里蒸出——
Applying fears to hopes and hopes to fears, 使我把恐怖当救星,用希望医治恐怖,
Still losing when I saw myself to win! 眼看胜利在望,却总是败绩中途!
What wretched errors hath my heart committed, 我的心在自以为最最幸福的时光
Whilst it hath thought itself so blessed never! 却往往铸下不堪再提的错误!
How have mine eyes out of their spheres been fitted 我曾经这样地病狂到头脑昏昏,
In the distraction 2 of this madding fever! 我的双眼几乎要夺眶而出!
O benefit of ill! now I find true That better is by evil still made better; 哦,这就是恶的利端,我终于知道,美好者可以因恶而更加美名昭著;
And ruin'd love, when it is built anew, 碎了的爱有朝一日破镜重圆,
Grows fairer than at first, more strong, far greater. 还可以比从前更美更强烈更突出。
So I return rebuked 3 to my content 所以我虽受谴责反而志得意满,
And gain by ill thrice more than I have spent. 由于恶我反倒可以三倍地因祸得福。
adj.污秽的;邪恶的;v.弄脏;妨害;犯规;n.犯规
- Take off those foul clothes and let me wash them.脱下那些脏衣服让我洗一洗。
- What a foul day it is!多么恶劣的天气!
n.精神涣散,精神不集中,消遣,娱乐
- Total concentration is required with no distractions.要全神贯注,不能有丝毫分神。
- Their national distraction is going to the disco.他们的全民消遣就是去蹦迪。
标签: