莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第111篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
O, for my sake do you with Fortune chide 1, 呵,但愿你为了我而责难命运女神,
The guilty goddess of my harmful deeds, 她是造致我行为不端的总根。
That did not better for my life provide 她不曾眷顾改善我的生活,
Than public means which public manners breeds. 让我随俗谋生,举止不异草野之民。
Thence comes it that my name receives a brand, 于是我的名字不免蒙羞,
And almost thence my nature is subdued 2 我的天性的棱角也快磨平,
To what it works in, like the dyer's hand: 如染匠之手遇外色屈从于环境,
Pity me then and wish I were renew'd; 呵,可怜我吧,祝愿我获得新生,
Whilst, like a willing patient, I will drink 我当如染病者甘心吞服下
Potions of eisel 'gainst my strong infection 一剂剂醋药以治病防瘟。
No bitterness that I will bitter think, 良药再苦我也不觉得苦,
Nor double penance 3, to correct correction. 怕什么双重惩罚,但求改过自新。
Pity me then, dear friend, and I assure ye 呵,可怜我吧,挚友亲朋,请千万相信,
Even that your pity is enough to cure me. 你的怜悯将使我从此不病魔缠身。
v.叱责;谴责
- However,they will chide you if you try to speak French.然而,如果你试图讲法语,就会遭到他们的责骂。
- He thereupon privately chide his wife for her forwardness in the matter.于是他私下责备他的妻子,因为她对这种事热心。
标签: