莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第134篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
So, now I have confess'd that he is thine, 他是你的,这点我已经承认,
And I myself am mortgaged to thy will, 为填你的欲壑我成为你的抵押品。
Myself I'll forfeit 1, so that other mine Thou wilt 2 restore, to be my comfort still: 心甘情愿作你的俘虏,好让另一个我能被你释放,我从而感到快乐舒心。
But thou wilt not, nor he will not be free, 而你却不能放他走,他也不想自由。
For thou art covetous 3 and he is kind; 你虽纵欲无度,他倒也体谅温存。
He learn'd but surety-like to write for me Under that bond that him as fast doth bind 4. 他本是为我作保,才在契约上签字,却谁知那契约反把他箍得紧紧。
The statute 5 of thy beauty thou wilt take, 你的美貌使你能得到特权,
Thou usurer, that put'st forth 6 all to use, 随心所欲地使用你的抵押品,
And sue a friend came debtor 7 for my sake; 我的朋友也因我而成为你的债务人,
So him I lose through my unkind abuse. 我连累和失去了他,你的控诉得逞。
Him have I lost; thou hast both him and me: 我不再拥有他,你却把我们两个抓牢,
He pays the whole, and yet am I not free. 他了清旧债,我却不能自在逍遥。
vt.丧失;n.罚金,罚款,没收物
- If you continue to tell lies,you will forfeit the good opinion of everyone.你如果继续撒谎,就会失掉大家对你的好感。
- Please pay for the forfeit before you borrow book.在你借书之前请先付清罚款。
v.(使)植物凋谢或枯萎;(指人)疲倦,衰弱
- Golden roses do not wilt and will never need to be watered.金色的玫瑰不枯萎绝也不需要浇水。
- Several sleepless nights made him wilt.数个不眠之夜使他憔悴。
adj.贪婪的,贪心的
- She is envious of Jane's good looks and covetous of her car.她既忌妒简的美貌又垂涎她的汽车。
- He raised his head,with a look of unrestrained greed in his covetous eyes.他抬起头来,贪婪的眼光露出馋涎欲滴的神情。
vt.捆,包扎;装订;约束;使凝固;vi.变硬
- I will let the waiter bind up the parcel for you.我让服务生帮你把包裹包起来。
- He wants a shirt that does not bind him.他要一件不使他觉得过紧的衬衫。
n.成文法,法令,法规;章程,规则,条例
- Protection for the consumer is laid down by statute.保障消费者利益已在法令里作了规定。
- The next section will consider this environmental statute in detail.下一部分将详细论述环境法令的问题。
adv.向前;向外,往外
- The wind moved the trees gently back and forth.风吹得树轻轻地来回摇晃。
- He gave forth a series of works in rapid succession.他很快连续发表了一系列的作品。
标签: