时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集


英语课

   O, call not me to justify 1 the wrong That thy unkindness lays upon my heart; 你曾残忍地伤害过我的寸心,那么别指望我谅解你的暴行,


  Wound me not with thine eye but with thy tongue; 请用舌头伤我,可别用你的眼晴,
  Use power with power and slay 2 me not by art. 剐杀随你,要公开,别使小聪明。
  Tell me thou lovest elsewhere, but in my sight, 呵,心肝,你不妨直说你芳心已改,
  Dear heart, forbear to glance thine eye aside: 万不要当我面与别人眉目传情。
  What need'st thou wound with cunning when thy might Is more than my o'er-press'd defense 3 can bide 4? 要伤我你毋需巧取,我势单力薄,怎挡得住你心藏百万雄兵?
  Let me excuse thee: ah! my love well knows Her pretty looks have been mine enemies, 让我来为你辩护吧,唉我的爱知晓她那流盼的目光是我的敌人,
  And therefore from my face she turns my foes 5, 于是她别转脸蛋将敌阵他引,
  That they elsewhere might dart 6 their injuries: 好使别处遭受兵灾的摧凌。
  Yet do not so; but since I am near slain 7, 可是别,别这样,反正我已行将就木,
  Kill me outright 8 with looks and rid my pain. 你就用目光杀我吧,帮我把苦痛除根。

vt.证明…正当(或有理),为…辩护
  • He tried to justify his absence with lame excuses.他想用站不住脚的借口为自己的缺席辩解。
  • Can you justify your rude behavior to me?你能向我证明你的粗野行为是有道理的吗?
v.杀死,宰杀,杀戮
  • He intended to slay his father's murderer.他意图杀死杀父仇人。
  • She has ordered me to slay you.她命令我把你杀了。
n.防御,保卫;[pl.]防务工事;辩护,答辩
  • The accused has the right to defense.被告人有权获得辩护。
  • The war has impacted the area with military and defense workers.战争使那个地区挤满了军队和防御工程人员。
v.忍耐;等候;住
  • We'll have to bide our time until the rain stops.我们必须等到雨停。
  • Bide here for a while. 请在这儿等一会儿。
敌人,仇敌( foe的名词复数 )
  • They steadily pushed their foes before them. 他们不停地追击敌人。
  • She had fought many battles, vanquished many foes. 她身经百战,挫败过很多对手。
v.猛冲,投掷;n.飞镖,猛冲
  • The child made a sudden dart across the road.那小孩突然冲过马路。
  • Markov died after being struck by a poison dart.马尔科夫身中毒镖而亡。
杀死,宰杀,杀戮( slay的过去分词 ); (slay的过去分词)
  • The soldiers slain in the battle were burried that night. 在那天夜晚埋葬了在战斗中牺牲了的战士。
  • His boy was dead, slain by the hand of the false Amulius. 他的儿子被奸诈的阿缪利乌斯杀死了。
adv.坦率地;彻底地;立即;adj.无疑的;彻底的
  • If you have a complaint you should tell me outright.如果你有不满意的事,你应该直率地对我说。
  • You should persuade her to marry you outright.你应该彻底劝服她嫁给你。
标签: