莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第144篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
Two loves I have of comfort and despair, 我有两个爱人,分管着安慰和绝望,
Which like two spirits do suggest me still: 像两个精灵,轮番诱惑在我的心房,
The better angel is a man right fair, 善的那一个是男人,英俊潇洒,
The worser spirit a woman colour'd ill. 恶的那一个是女人,脸黑睛黄。
To win me soon to hell, my female evil 为使我早日跨进绝望的地狱,
Tempteth my better angel from my side, 邪恶阴柔骗走了我善性的阳刚,
And would corrupt 1 my saint to be a devil, 她还使我的好精灵化作魔鬼,
Wooing his purity with her foul 2 pride. 用脏污的肉欲使其纯真沦为荒唐。
And whether that my angel be turn'd fiend 我的善精神是否已成妖魅,我疑心,
Suspect I may, but not directly tell; 却不能立刻有一个盖棺论定,
But being both from me, both to each friend, 但既然这二人都离我朋比为奸,
I guess one angel in another's hell: 我敢说善精灵已进了那一个的阴间门。
Yet this shall I ne'er know, but live in doubt, 除了瞎猜我永不知那葫芦装的什么药,
Till my bad angel fire my good one out. 除非是恶精灵用梅毒把善精灵吓跑。
v.贿赂,收买;adj.腐败的,贪污的
- The newspaper alleged the mayor's corrupt practices.那家报纸断言市长有舞弊行为。
- This judge is corrupt.这个法官贪污。
标签: