莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第140篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
Be wise as thou art cruel; do not press My tongue-tied patience with too much disdain 1; 当心呀,你可别一味由着性儿残酷,我缄口的忍耐或难容你过分的侮辱,
Lest sorrow lend me words and words express The manner of my pity-wanting pain. 到时候悲哀会化作言辞,如衷曲述说我心中失掉你哀怜的痛苦。
If I might teach thee wit, better it were, 如果我能教会你学乖,那么,
Though not to love, yet, love, to tell me so; 你就会言不由衷地说你还爱我如初。
As testy 2 sick men, when their deaths be near, 这就像脾气不好的病人,虽近死期,
No news but health from their physicians know; 仍一味要医生说,他会很快康复。
For if I should despair, I should grow mad, 因为,我如果不幸于绝望中疯狂,
And in my madness might speak ill of thee: 就可能在狂态里乱揭你的阴私和错误。
Now this ill-wresting world is grown so bad, 而今这附逆助恶的世界已坏到了头,
Mad slanderers by mad ears believed be, 疯耳朵偏能与疯谎言和睦共处。
That I may not be so, nor thou belied 3, 要我不疯狂,你也不遭到诽谤,
Bear thine eyes straight, though thy proud heart go wide. 你要正眼看人,纵心里男盗女娼。
n.鄙视,轻视;v.轻视,鄙视,不屑
- Some people disdain labour.有些人轻视劳动。
- A great man should disdain flatterers.伟大的人物应鄙视献媚者。
adj.易怒的;暴躁的
- Ben's getting a little testy in his old age.上了年纪后本变得有点性急了。
- A doctor was called in to see a rather testy aristocrat.一个性格相当暴躁的贵族召来了一位医生为他检查。
标签: