莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第89篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
Say that thou didst forsake 1 me for some fault, 就说你对我负心是因为我自已有罪,
And I will comment upon that offence; 我愿意对你的冒犯文过饰非;
Speak of my lameness 2, and I straight will halt, Against thy reasons making no defence. 说我腿瘸,我立刻蹦跳着行走,对你给我的指摘绝不加以反对。
Thou canst not, love, disgrace me half so ill, 爱啊,如果你想造成体面的结局,
To set a form upon desired change, 因而需要搞臭我自已的名声,
As I'll myself disgrace: knowing thy will, 与其你淤口相喷,不如我自辱其身。
I will acquaintance strangle and look strange, 我既已参透你暗藏于中的心事,
Be absent from thy walks, and in my tongue Thy sweet beloved name no more shall dwell, 自会忍痛绝交,此后便形同路人。躲开你,也不再提到你的芳名尊姓,
Lest I, too much profane 3, should do it wrong 免得我过分亵渎、伤害了它,
And haply of our old acquaintance tell. 或不小心透露了我们旧有的交情。
For thee against myself I'll vow 4 debate, 为了你我发誓与自己来一场恶战,
For I must ne'er love him whom thou dost hate. 凡你所憎恶的人我一定手黑心残。
vt.遗弃,抛弃;舍弃,放弃
- She pleaded with her husband not to forsake her.她恳求丈夫不要抛弃她。
- You must forsake your bad habits.你必须革除你的坏习惯。
n. 跛, 瘸, 残废
- Having been laughed at for his lameness,the boy became shy and inhibited. 那男孩因跛脚被人讥笑,变得羞怯而压抑。
- By reason of his lameness the boy could not play games. 这男孩因脚跛不能做游戏。
adj.亵神的,亵渎的;vt.亵渎,玷污
- He doesn't dare to profane the name of God.他不敢亵渎上帝之名。
- His profane language annoyed us.他亵渎的言语激怒了我们。
标签: