莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第75篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
So are you to my thoughts as food to life, 如同生命需要食粮,你哺育着我的思想,
Or as sweet-season'd showers are to the ground; 好比春天的酥雨为大地注满琼浆。
And for the peace of you I hold such strife 1 As 'twixt a miser 2 and his wealth is found; 我珍爱你给我的安宁,心中又苦痛惊惶,好比怀揣金玉的守财奴时时怕偷一样。
Now proud as an enjoyer and anon 他一会儿财大而气粗,志得而意满,
Doubting the filching 3 age will steal his treasure, 一会儿又怕这惯盗时代偷走他的宝藏。
Now counting best to be with you alone, 才觉得人间至乐是与你单亲独处,
Then better'd that the world may see my pleasure; 忽而又希望世人均知我得志情场。
Sometime all full with feasting on your sight 有时饱眼餐秀色饱得如享盛宴,
And by and by clean starved for a look; 有时饿眼看情人饿得心里发慌。
Possessing or pursuing no delight, 天下有诸多快乐我不占也不求,
Save what is had or must from you be took. 只独守已得之乐,只盼望你的奖赏。
Thus do I pine and surfeit 4 day by day, 我就这样每日饥饱、欠缺又丰隆,
Or gluttoning on all, or all away. 要么饕餮大嚼,要么两腹空空。
n.争吵,冲突,倾轧,竞争
- We do not intend to be drawn into the internal strife.我们不想卷入内乱之中。
- Money is a major cause of strife in many marriages.金钱是造成很多婚姻不和的一个主要原因。
n.守财奴,吝啬鬼 (adj.miserly)
- The miser doesn't like to part with his money.守财奴舍不得花他的钱。
- The demon of greed ruined the miser's happiness.贪得无厌的恶习毁掉了那个守财奴的幸福。
v.偷(尤指小的或不贵重的物品)( filch的现在分词 )
- The boys were in the habit of filching fruit from the peddler's carts. 那些男孩们有偷小贩车上水果的习惯。 来自互联网
标签: