莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第80篇
时间:2019-02-24 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
O, how I faint when I of you do write, 啊,一面写颂诗,一面满怀凄凉,
Knowing a better spirit doth use your name, 因为另一名高手也在把你歌唱。
And in the praise thereof spends all his might, 为了赞美你他不惜搜索枯肠,
To make me tongue-tied, speaking of your fame! 要使我钳口结舌、颓笔无光。
But since your worth, wide as the ocean is, 但既然你的德行广若四海,
The humble 1 as the proudest sail doth bear, 当容得小船大舶共水同航;
My saucy 2 bark inferior far to his 我这轻舟虽万难与其艨艟比量,
On your broad main doth wilfully 3 appear. 又何妨随意驶进你海阔天长。
Your shallowest help will hold me up afloat, 你有浅处可令我戏波其上,
Whilst he upon your soundless deep doth ride; 亦有深处可供他纵马松缰。
Or being wreck'd, I am a worthless boat, 偶遇不测,我只是扁舟一叶不须惜,
He of tall building and of goodly pride: 他却是巨舰宏构,帆重桅高价高昂。
Then if he thrive and I be cast away, 他日里,假如是他得宠我遭放,
The worst was this; my love was my decay. 最坏不过此下场:我爱使我亡。
adj.谦卑的,恭顺的;地位低下的;v.降低,贬低
- In my humble opinion,he will win the election.依我拙见,他将在选举中获胜。
- Defeat and failure make people humble.挫折与失败会使人谦卑。
adj.无礼的;俊俏的;活泼的
- He was saucy and mischievous when he was working.他工作时总爱调皮捣蛋。
- It was saucy of you to contradict your father.你顶撞父亲,真是无礼。
标签: