莎士比亚十四行诗全集:第13篇
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:莎士比亚十四行诗全集
英语课
O, that you were yourself, but, love, you are
啊,愿你就是你自身,但是爱啊,
No longer yours than you yourself here live;
你拥有自己的时间长不过你的生命,
Against this coming end you should prepare,
势不可免的末日会来,你该做好准备,
And your sweet semblance 1 to some other give.
把你那娇美的形象转让与别人,
So should that beauty which you hold in lease
这样一来,你那租借来的美色,
Find no determination, then you were
就总不会到期——一旦你殒命,
Yourself again after your self's decease,
你会再一次成为活生生的自己,
When your sweet issue your sweet form should bear.
因为你的后嗣会保留你的原形。
Who lets so fair a house fall to decay,
谁会让如此美丽的房舍倾圮,
Which husbandry in honour might uphold
假如细心的照料会赢来无损,
Against the stormy gusts 2 of winter's day
使它免遭受隆冬的狂风凛冽
And barren rage of death's eternal cold?
和死神横扫时的冷酷无情?
O, none but unthrifts! Dear my love, you know,
哦,只有浪子才会这样,爱,你既知道,
You had a father; let your son say so.
你自己有父亲,就该让你儿子也有父亲。
n.外貌,外表
- Her semblance of anger frightened the children.她生气的样子使孩子们感到害怕。
- Those clouds have the semblance of a large head.那些云的形状像一个巨大的人头。
标签: