Lesson 34 Adolescence 青春期 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What do adolescents respect in parents? Parents are often upset when their children praise the homes of their friends and rega

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(663) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

The Science Of Acne Acne: the scourge of adolescence. Most people endure it at some point, and cant wait to be rid of the combination of whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, and pustules that comprise the skin condition that affects over 80% of teenagers

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

If, as often happens, children are of different shades of color in a family, the Jamaican sociologist Fernando Henriques once wrote: 正如经常发生的那样,如果一个家庭里的孩子们的肤色深浅不同,牙买加社会学家费尔南多

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

Like so many who grew up in the Depression, his fear of poverty colored his life. He could not stand personal waste. If one of my brothers or I forgot to screw the cap back on the toothpaste tube, my father threw it out the bathroom window. We would

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 希拉里有声自传

Drink Now, Pay Later A study with animals in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that alcohol abuse in adolescence leads to a lifetime of poor decision-making skills. Karen Hopkin reports We all know that drinking can cloud jud

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Harry Potter's magic spells might be able to fight the forces of evil, but they couldn't prevent a torrential downpour at the premiere of his latest film on Tuesday night. Thousands of fans braved heavy rain as they waited in London's Leicester Squar

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Gay Youth: The Straight Facts 少年“同志”:成长荆棘路 For most people, adolescence is a difficult time of life filled with pressure from peers, parents, and school. For gay, lesbian, and

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

They discovered that when a famine was able to trigger an effect was different for the grandmother than the grandfather. The grandmother appeared susceptible while she herself was still in the womb, w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 基因外遗传现象

(Come on, let's talk about sex, baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about...) When it comes to growing up, 12-year-old Beatrice will ride the roller coaster of puberty . (let's talk about se

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

But what's even more amazing to me is that although we've changed so little in so many thousands of years, each of us changes so much in just one lifetime. We tend to think of growing up as just getti

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

Alan Silverman A youth counselor's real-life experience with teenagers and high school social circles forms the basis of a wickedly witty new comedy film starring Lindsay Lohan and written by Tina Fey

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

考试日期: 2013 年 2 月 23 日 Reading Passage 1 Title: Developmental Tasks of Normal Adolescence Question types: True/False/Not Given(4); 选择(3); matching(6) 文章内容回顾 青春期发展的不同阶段以及特点。 题型难度分析

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

Scientists know all about the therapeutics qualities of blue and red light. But until know, sufferers of acne have to go to hospital to benefit from it. But Lumie, the manufactures of this new LED device hope it would see light therapy moving to the

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Lesson Three Short Conversations Making Up Connie: Hey, Jessie, wait up! Jessie: Hi, Connie. What are you doing out on the track? Connie: Your mom told me I'd find you here. I didn't know you liked to jog? Jessie: I'm preparing. Connie: Preparing? Je

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第一册

This is Scientific American Sixty Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? You've probably noticed that synthetic t-shirts stink more after a work-out, compared to cotton. But hey, it's not the fabric's fault, it's the microbes that

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(九)月

heyday 全盛时期,巅峰时期,年轻力壮之时 This company was really big in its heyday. 这家公司在全盛时期真的很大。 He is too weak to beat me in my heyday. 全盛时期的我,他根本不可能击败。

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Can you remember who your best friend was in seventh grade? If you are having difficulty, it could be because relationships at that age are often short-lived. Half don't last a year. The friendships that do last can be predicted based on demographic

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Sounds Fair 听起来还算公平 A woman was reporting event reporting to her husband about the events of the day. 一位女士正滔滔不绝地向她先生诉说当天发生的事。 Oh, and I had a big fight with the electric company. 哦,另外我

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话

And of course 当然 I want to join in recognizing all of these beautiful people in the stands today 我还要感谢今天来到看台的所有人 the family members who supported you all every step of the way 感谢一直支持你们的家庭成员

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: 12, 13-years-old entering puberty often aloof, particularly towards adults. Also may be self-absorbed, but often vulnerable, looking for a peer group, looking for a way to fit in. These young ado

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文