154 an interesting career As a child in rural England, Jim Brown was very much interested in Greek mythology. Sitting up late at night, he would garble up a Maria of the ancient Greeks mythical tales. Mind you when he was not reading, Jim was usuall

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

203.The smuggler走私分子 sly-solemn I am a smuggler. Once or twice a month, I go up river to get a load of contraband and smuggle it back across the border. I was in a water front bar once, when I met a man obviously of some social distinction. B

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

199. Another sermon再一次布道 seinsitive-shell The Reverend Jessie Johnson gives another sermon: My brethren, tonight Im gonna talk about a sensitive topic. Its about what the Lord can do for you and what you can do for the Lord. I want you all

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

198. The seismologist and the sect地震学家和教派 sect-sensible There was a professor of seismology who was involved in seismic research. After securing permission from his senator, he went to a particular sector of his state to collect sedimen

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

192. Reverend Jessie Johnson牧师杰西.约翰逊 revitalization-risky Reverend Jessie Johnson is a revival minister. He travels from town to town holding vigorous religious meetings in tents with the intention of reviving the souls of those who att

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

191. The anal-retentive retailer保留肛门性格的零售商 restrictive-revision There was a retailer who specialized in selling reversible clothing. Being anal-retentive, his personality was somewhat restrictive, which tended to retard his sales.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

208. Office drearms办公室的梦想 stack-stationary It was July 1830. On a sunny, hot day, feeling as if all his stamina had left him, Case Steele staggered up the staircase and into his office. A stack of papers nearly reaching the ceiling greete

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

223 Don't Tread on Me Don't Tread on Me were the words on an early flag of the United States. Though the founding revolutionaries were virtually on trial for treason, they did not tremble before that treacherous monarch George III. Showing no trepida

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

222 The tragedy of the traitor卖国贼的悲剧 tragedy-trash The tragedy of the traitor who trampled upon the tranquil state of our democracy is not a nice story to tell. He possessed horrible traits the level of which transcends even the most evil

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

218. The secret agent特工人员 temperance-terrace Jeremy waited at the terminal, tense and nervous, awaiting orders to terminate a fellow tenant whom he had once known as a temporary acquaintance. He had gone to the temple that morning, tempting G

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

211. The stubborn studio executive固执的电影公司经理 stringent-subsidy There was once a stubborn studio executive. He thought everyones ideas were subordinate to his. Had it not been for a stroke of good luck, his career would have already s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

189. Al Johnson-representative of the people阿尔.约翰逊人民的代表 represent-residue Al Johnson is a representative of the people. He represents the residents of the 8th Residential District in his city. Al is reputed to be above reproach in

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

The Playwright's Plumber There was a playwrite, who at the plea of his publisher, pledged to write a pleasing, yet plaushible story about plight of a plump plumber who wore plumage. The story went something like this: The plumber was replacing a pipe

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

173. The polygonal portrait多边形肖像 polygon-poster There was a politician who wanted to have a portrait painted in the shape of a polygon. He contacted a particular portraitist whose portraiture was purportedly perfect and made a few inquiries

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

175. The great white tiger大白虎 preceding-premise I am a hunter, a predator of predatory animals. I have a preference for rare, prehistoric animals thought to be extinct. I am the preeminent hunter of my kind. I have had few predecessors, and the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

186. Rebecca Rowndie 丽贝卡.朗黛 regimen-relentless Rebecca Rowndie was grossly overweight. Her friends were reluctant to take her out to dinner with them because she would not only finish her meal, but also vacuum up everyone elses, too. When s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

胡敏读故事记单词(20) word recycle vt.回收利用(废物等) redeem vt.1.弥补,补偿,抵消 2.解救,救赎 3.(oneself)使免咎,挽回声誉 4.履行,遵守(诺言) 5.将(股票、债券等)兑取现金 6.赎回(抵押品) redundant a.1.(因人员过剩而)被解雇的 2.多余的,过剩

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词(18)

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词(17)

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词(12)

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇