230. Venturing outside the major大胆尝试专业以外的领域 varied-venture A variety of options exist for todays college graduates. This is at variance with the situation of those in past generations. Most bosses seek a varied work force. There

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

227. The unrestricted universe漫无边际的宇宙 unique-unwieldy The universe is unmatched in its intricacies. Each planet, each star is unique. Though our universe seems anything but unpredictable, with revolutions of planets and comets accuratel

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

234. A weary warrior 厌战的勇士 warrior-wheedle I warily weaved my way along the path of the watercourse. I had to remember that I was a warrior. My first duty was to fight the enemy. Like many warriors, I was brave. But unlike many, I possessed

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

Escape Routes While the Warsaw Pact was at full strength, life in Eastern Europe was less than palatable for much of the population. At that time,Western planes would often drop pamphlets describing a life of luxury on the other side.It was easy for

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

An Outspoken Crusader for Consumer Rights Peter Owens was an outspoken opponent of anything that smacked of Big Business.It's outrageous! The bigger those appartment store chains get, the more overbearing their attitudes become and the more they are

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 162 OUTDATED ODEAS? Martin Constantine, the outgoing head of the Hampstead College of Design, left his job because he had outgrow his position. He took over the prestigious post of director of the British Museum. Peter Handerson, who took over

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 159 GETTING AWAY FROM OCTOPUS FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER I never used to mind the occasional bit of octopus, as you know, we had those wonderful dinners at Anemos in Charlotte Street in London, you remember? But here in Greece, they seem

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

205. The space shuttle航天天飞机 spacecraft-spectator There was an engineer who specialized in designing spacecraft. It was his job to meet specifications specified by NASA. He was involved in the design of the space shuttle, a spaceship specifi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

204. The soloist and the solicitor独唱演员与推销员 solicit-soybean There was a singer who had retired to a life on the farm. She had been a soloist for the big city opera and had been very famous, but she grew tired of the city life and decid

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

201. The sinuous skeleton on a slab平板上形状扭曲的骨架 sigh-slacken A silversmith was commissioned to make a replica of a sinuous skeleton on a slab. However, a local priest was skeptical of its religious significance and said that it was

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

200. The shipwreck海难 shelter-sideways There was a sailor who suffered a shipwreck off the shore of a small group of islands. He had been sailing along, having a slight case of sea sickness, when a gust of wind shifted the direction of the boat an

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

197. The sea sculptor海洋雕刻家 screw-secrete There was a sculptor who specialized in artwork of the sea. He would make seasonal visits to the sea to find sculptural inspiration for his sculpture. On one visit to the sea, he chose a secluded sea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

196. Scarlet斯嘉丽 scarcely-screen There was a young theater student who was barely scraping by working as a waitress in restaurants. She had applied for many scholarships but was denied every time. She had great hopes of becoming a great actress

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

190. The resistance抵抗 resist-restriction The prisoner was brought into the questioning room for the umpteenth time. After being restrained to the chair, a uniformed officer said, It is of no use to be resistant. I have a great deal of respect for

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

225.The atypical tycoon不合定型的巨头 tycoon-undaunted Tom Downing did not typify the definition of tycoon. He wasnt typically arrogant. In fact, he had an uncanny sense of commonness to him. Most of the rich are tyrannical people, but Tom was

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

220. An unfortunate incident一次不幸的事件 threadlike-topography Working in restaurants as a waiter can take its toll on even the most tolerable person. Im a fairly tolerant guy, but I simply cant tolerate it when Im thriving really well on th

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

219. A testimony of fear有关恐惧的证言 terrain-thread The terrain of the Rocky Mountains terrifies me. Some people think such terrestrial wonders to be terrific, but I must testify-they fill me with terror so thorough that the texture of my sk

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

168. The penury percussionist贫困的打击乐乐手 pendant-perish There was a percussionist on the San Francisco Peninsula, who pursued perfection in every performance. In addition to practicing her percussion instruments daily, she would, despite

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

169. The perpetual plastic永久塑料 perishable-persuasive There was a scientist, an inventor of plastics, who received permission from the personnel department of his laboratory to invent a permeable plastic. He persevered in his efforts day after

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

176. The greatest hunter最伟大的猎手 preoccupation-primate It is neither presumptuous nor pretentious of me to claim that I am one of the greatest hunters that has ever lived. It is not the sort of greatness with which one presumably has the pr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词